ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs struggling in 2nd gear

I'm not sure if my 182 is normal or not, the belts were changed about 8 months ago at the correct time/mileage and there is no real severe issue with the car but...

Whenever I rev up to about 3.5k-4.5k in 2nd gear the car struggles ( flatspot?) and sounds like its going to explode, so I have never managed to get to that elusive 5k kick - because I chicken out if i'm honest! 1st gear is slightly better and doesn't sound like the engine may blow at any moment but its still putting me of pushing it that little bit further.

If I push past this annoying barrier does the power kick in?

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol at not revving it to over 5k is all i've got to say.

I thought I explained already something doesn't sound/feel right when I rev past 4k it sounds like its already hit the limiter and not gaining much speed.... Then I chicken out!

Has this only started happening since the belt change?

I couldn't tell you to be honest, previous owner had got them changed and I have not had the car that long.

Its boring until it hits 5k mate.

I'm going to get the cambelt etc checked out I suspect its not quite right, for instance in 2nd gear at 4k rpm it sounds and feels like its bouncing off the limiter..

E: I have tried another 182 since and it freely revs up to 5k plus - no bother ( thats were my assumptions come from. )