ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride height 172?

Clio Sport 2000 PH2
Hi,

I've searched but didn't find a good answer.

What's a recommended ride height front/rear for a 172 on AST 5100 suspension. Uprights etc are standard stuff. The car is being raced.

Cheers

Clio 172 Merc ML55
If you're going into a race series you'll need to check the regs, blue book states 75mm ground clearance as a general rule (excluding exhaust I think) but whilst unlikely individual series may have other regs that'll need to be satisfied

Clio Sport 2000 PH2
If you're going into a race series you'll need to check the regs, blue book states 75mm ground clearance as a general rule (excluding exhaust I think) but whilst unlikely individual series may have other regs that'll need to be satisfied
Thanks, but in this series there is no such rule.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Mine is low enough to scrape at the back, and cant even get up ramps with ramo extensions .....

Feels great cornering, and planted.

Clio Sport 2000 PH2
Mine is low enough to scrape at the back, and cant even get up ramps with ramo extensions .....

Feels great cornering, and planted.
Ok. Mine scrapes at the back too sometimes.

I was just wondering because I know some cars suffer when they are lowered too much, for example with increased bump steer.

BTW, is the car supposed to have some rake?

Always better to have the front a little lower than the back IMO

But not so much that the wishbones are facing the sky!

Maybe 40-50mm gap between the tyre and wheel arch on the front, and the rear a little higher. This all depends of course what wheel / tyre combo you have of course

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Only when the wife is in passenger seat it scrapes... she likes her food (lol- gawds sake don't say I said that)
Only had bump steer on the roads over large raises in the road, when taken at speed. Torque steer is more pronounced :)
Most tracks are pretty flat

Never had the sensation of rake in the Clio, doesn't really go quick enough I think