ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring trip, VLN Race.

After wanting to go to the ring for ages, decided that last weekend i was gonna make the trip. After reading Jenics trip report, was even more up for going.

There was a VLN race on the saterday afternoon, which only cost 12 euros to get in and was even allowed in the pit lane, which was great, even though almost got run down by an Aston flying in for its pit stop.

Stayed at the hotel Nordschleife, Great location, right next to the track, great views just across the road and up the hill, apartments are very nice and big. Eddy is a sound guy( Had a look at his Porsche GT2, lovely), his parents are nice, but dont speak a word of english as i found out at Breakfast:)

Sunday was great, loads of cars to see, spent most of the day heading to all different viewing points along the Nordschleife,also in the car park at the entrance to it.
Finally got on in the afternoon after an M3 had totalled itself and the ring being shut for an hour.

Would defo recommend going, already starting to plan my next trip, maybe little longer this time.

Some pics:
5725625091_6d9904c67e_m.jpg
5725626775_becc898f97_m.jpg

5726460090_682d6a5492_m.jpg
5726463364_4a66669d49_m.jpg

5729851482_42f306301f_m.jpg
5729853230_6fb182c829_m.jpg

5729305499_0db952c756_m.jpg
5729856360_4ca43932cd_m.jpg

5729858280_92cd397a8c_m.jpg

Liquid yellow was lovely, track tyres stripped with buckets.
More pics at:http://www.flickr.com/photos/62948111@N04/?donelayout=1

Fiesta ST
The VLN practice day was the saturday me and jenic was there, infact at 8am they acted as our alarm clock as they came flying down through the dip next to the hotel :cool:

That LY looks sweet

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Scottie you still local?

Didn't realise you had a 200. Need it detailed?

The VLN practice day was the saturday me and jenic was there, infact at 8am they acted as our alarm clock as they came flying down through the dip next to the hotel :cool:

That LY looks sweet

Can imagine it waking you up, some of those cars were unbelievably loud. We got woke up on the sunday bout the same time, buy some GT3s and GT2s round that corner. The hotel is in an amazing spot, great view points just up the hill, can even get on the ring from there!

That LY is awesome!
Looks like a good trip and some great photos mate.

Was an amazing trip, defo going back. Think i need better camera, so can do better with moving shots and maybe some lessons on taking photos:S
Scottie you still local?

Didn't realise you had a 200. Need it detailed?

I mate, still local, just down the road in Wester Inch Village, back and forward form glasgow.

Yeah had it since Jan, still got the 182, which is in dire need of some detailing and maybe even some paint work. Maybe can get booked for getting detailed, then see about getting the bodywork sorted?

LY was really nice, with all the top end cars there it caught my eye the most.:cool: