ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ripped right off......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ged

PD130 Peach
This has been said 100's of times. Get a full refund. Your entitled to it by law. Even more so the fact you have a receipt that says head gasket done. When it hasent been.
Big words. Court. Legal obligation. f**king go of it at the slimey c**t

Clio
Keep us updated. I'd like to know the standard of the work he does. I'm sure he is really keen on doing things right for you.

Also, it is not bullying. When children are told things they don't want to hear it is called SULKING.

I'm probably wasting my time but please don't let him fix the car.

He's already proven that he can't be trusted to do it properly so why on Earth would you let him work on it again.
He'll re-use the belts, if the head needs a skim it won't get done.
The chances of him reassembling it and getting it running right are slim.
It will be done in the most time and money efficient way possible.
He just wants to keep the car running for a few months until he can legally tell you to f**k off.

Reject the car.
Please, think about it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
People are talking sense here op, you need to reject the car. He has already bodged the job up once, what on earth makes you think he won't try it again?
Cut your losses with this car, demand your money back and get another better one. As has been said NUMEROUS times already in this thread, you are protected by law. Quote what's been posted and he'll soon refund you.
Traders like this shouldnt be allowed to get away with it but without people standing up for themselves and their rights it will happen!

Ps I'm not a bully, can't stand them. :)

I have a feeling this thread will be stickied as a example of how not to buy a car and how not to deal with the stealer when it all goes wrong.

Ph1 172 Sprint Car
Park the Car up, post the keys with a letter Rejecting the car and give him 7 days to give you a full refund or you will take action through the courts to recover the money. Phone Trading Standards and get a 'logged' Ref number...........he WILL pay up

Clio
If so, don't you think it might be a bit silly to want one where it is fucked. Might point to a little ill treatment.

Make sure you don't let him mess you about. There may be a limited time that returning a car will work, as it gives him more of a chance to claim negligence on your part. Was it sold as seen (e.g. no returns), or sold on normal dealer terms where you should legally have some comeback?

If you do insist on letting him fix the car (I probably wouldn't, he doesn't sound good), then make sure you get everything in writing that you purchased the car and that there is a problem which he promises to resolve, detailing the known faults and how they are going to be resolved.

I'd try and get my money back.

182cup & 172 racecar
If the receipt say's 'including head gasket', don't be surprised if he just hands you a head gasket in a packet.

Didn't say fitted.

White clique
If you accept a repair, then technically you have accepted the car and then cannot reject it later on.

Also as you have done work on the car yourself, he doesnt have to accept it back from you as its not in the condition in which he sold it to you. You have to return it in its original condition.

You have a short period of time in which to REJECT the car, something which you dont seem to have done yet.

I have said this before, but just thought i'd say it again.

RacingBlue + IceBurg
I love threads like this. They ask for advise and don't take it. Be interesting to see what happens.My money is on a fail of epic proportions

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
If you accept a repair, then technically you have accepted the car and then cannot reject it later on.

Also as you have done work on the car yourself, he doesnt have to accept it back from you as its not in the condition in which he sold it to you. You have to return it in its original condition.

You have a short period of time in which to REJECT the car,

Close Alan...

If the repair isn't done correctly, you can still reject it.

The car doesn't have to be the same as it was when sold. The dealer can request that a refund is minus any wear and tear costs (prevents you from buying a car, driving to the moon and then returning it). As his new parts were serviceable parts, there is no problem with that.

He still has 6 months to technically 'return' the car and reverse burden of proof still applies. The law (did) state a 'reasonable' time window in which a rejection could be granted (often 4 weeks). But Given the lack of a head gasket repair, even when quoted/invoiced, then a court would no doubt agree that a rejection at this point would be fair - at least I have seen this done. In order to subsantiate his claim an independent report would be conducted that could add weight to this.

But... All this starts with a formal notice served to the dealer, which hasn't been done, nor does anyone think it will be!

Clio 172
I'd guess there is more chance of a gold fish riding a chocolate bike across hot coals whilst knitting fog than the op listening to advice given on here. I'd suggest a thread lock before the inevitable happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.