ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 2 & Compact

Anyone got/use either of them? Road Angel 2 is £350, Road Angel Compact is £200. What's the main difference besides the compact being smaller, having no built in laser detector and giving advisory limits?

Which one is worth getting? Is it worth having a laser detector?

Another thing, on the Clio the windscreen is heat reflectivfe but there's a rectangle at the bottom thats cut out so the screen is completely transparent. Will the unit be ok with that or would I need the special ariel thingy?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
1) If fitted properly you should have no problem withthe unit sitting in the middle of the screen in the small square cut-out area. I have installed many with VERYfew having problems.

2) The laser is worth having IMO. It does help, also does pick up vans. but dont rely upon it, be wise and use your eyes heheh

3) Compact or full size? Well again it comes down to what you want, The features are listed on the blackspot website. The full size unit will soon have a very good firmware update which will have many new features some of these will not be available on the smaller compact unit.

If you need any more information please feel free to PM me.
Also PM me for pricing info.

Last edited:
  BMW M3
yep... I second Has's 2nd and 3rd points except mine didnt work under the square. Seems to be different for other people so i got an external ariel that is hidden under the plastic between the bonnet and windscreen. Prob best trying it under the square for a few days..... i have never once lost signal at my place.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Justin......Yup i noticed that on some of the RS models i fitted these to, the square was quite low down. So the RA had no chance of sitting at a good angle.

If anyone does try it in the aqueare make sure it is situated as *far back as possible*

Cat....replied to PM. :)

BMW M3
Has said:
Justin......Yup i noticed that on some of the RS models i fitted these to, the square was quite low down. So the RA had no chance of sitting at a good angle.

If anyone does try it in the aqueare make sure it is situated as *far back as possible*

Cat....replied to PM. :)

Yeah.... tried it as low as it would go but wasnt having any of it. External ariel for £20 works a treat though...

Do you fit these professionally then?

Got mine hard wired in by a friend who has his own ICE installation company and did a great job. Used the power of the fag lighter but kept the use of it, fed the ariel through into the engine bay and installed the sensor behing the lower grill. Only thing visible is the RA.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yer, i normally offer a FREE fitting service on all units purchased from us.

Get usual installation training from our company.

As you say it can be much easier sticking the extra antenna in and be done with it. Hard wiring them in can be a right pain as the power lead to them is veryvery small when opened up.

We normally use a replacement hard wiring kit which i dont think is available to buy.

BMW M3
^^^ yeah.... not too sure if he found it hard as i left him to it but i think i remember him stripping one of the cables of its original fitting... actually, he said fitting the sensor was a bit*h because he didnt have any torx lol.

I wouldnt have a clue how to hard wire anything, and when i try, something always ends up broken. lol

Respect for the patients you must have...

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
hehehe

Tell me about it.
you get some cars and you think blimy!!!! i remember having a new MG (traffic cops motor) and i had to take half the dash apart to fit 2 wires in place.

Just gotta be careful on what your doing, 1 motor had recently been in to its local ICE shop to have a phone kit fitted..... i was so shocked when i saw there wiring and NO fuses anywhere.

its all good fun tho :)

BMW M3
Too much for me i think.... would be too worried i would screw it up. Except i'm not a pro at it of course.

My mate often tells me about his jobs such as stripping the inside of a £70,000 AMG to fit with the lastest TVs and DVD players in the back of chairs etc.... said it's pretty nerve-racking at times. lol

BMW M3
Just wondering, your not a student in Coventry Uni by any chance? Got a good mate there in 3rd year studying motorsport engineering.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^^ i am actually.

Doing a course at Uni also on my 3rd year.

And before anyone gets confused its my dads business i work for, dont think i wud be allowed to leave the company for that long hehe

BMW M3
Oh...cool !!

Different course then i take it? Goes by the name of Al Frew... big guy, about 6ft 1.... short blackish hair.

Lol.... its prob a massive uni and you havent got a clue so sorry bout that...lol