ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roadkill

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Roadkill's always had sponsorship from Dickies so that's not something that bothers me, what bothers me is that wasn't a Roadkill episode, just because it says Roadkill and has the two of them in it doesn't mean it is, Roadkill is about taking total death traps usually from a junk yard, cramming a big engine in it and doing a road trip where it break downs alot, f*cking about in 3 brand new cars has nothing in common with the previous episodes, that was basically an Ignition episode with them two as guest presenters.

As good as it was, it wasn't as good as a proper Roadkill episode and I never thought i'd complain about Roadkill because until now it was the best car series on Youtube, I guess all good things come to an end.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
BAM!!

Decent episode, was a bit gutted they stole the General Mayhem's engine, but with Dodge sending them a new supercharged Hemi as a replacement it means they'll be another episode for the coolest car they've ever done.

It was a good episode but its gone from "doing hard things" to "doing things the hard way"
Fixing up an old pickup and setting off for alaska was cool, hauling old s**t out the junkyard and fixing it was cool, building a duster from a scrapper when there was a decent one right there just because they like doing things the hard way was daft.

Jealous of how easily they make 350bhp though :(

CursedTitanium 182FF
Have you seen the chat on their Facebook page about a challenge between them Roadkill and Mighty Car Mods. It was originaly going to be Gas Monkey Garage, but Richard Rawlings is being a douche.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
MCM is much more in line with Roadkill, they're not stuck up their own arses like Gas Monkey.

(Ever heard if them?) erm yes Richard everyone that's into cars and has access to the internet has, other than you.

Ibiza SC
Damn, there's a topic for this!
Absolutely LOVE Roadkill, latest episode was good fun. Discovered it only a few months back and pretty much bingewatched them all in a small amount of time, all this talk about MCM too reminds me to get back into that again, considering starting it from the beginning as it's been such a while since I've watched it.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
What I don't understand is how he's never heard of them, Hot Rod magazine, the Power tour and drag week are absolutely huge in the US, for him to have never heard of Finnegan and Freiburger he must be just be looking at p**n on the internet and his reflection in the screen the rest of the time.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Roadkill would have bought a car, got it running and be in the next state while they're still organising their tools.
lol, maybe get as far as creating a CAD template of a reverse jig for something. The work is astounding on the mini, but its taking too long!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The draguar is f**king awesome, there's not much I like more than a series III jag!

I like fast N loud too, pretty hard not to be up your own ass when you've been that successful in the last few years

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Roadkill have posted there requirements for the race. Not much room for maneuver when there asking for the same Hellcat engine, the same weight. Thought it was a race for who could build the best car not who is the fastest driver out of Rawling or Frieburger.

The junkjard race would be much better.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Much better idea would be to go to a junk yard, pick a car, one day to get it running, next day whoever drives the furthest wins.
Then do one with MCM, junkyard V8 vs junkyard turbo.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Roadkill have posted there requirements for the race. Not much room for maneuver when there asking for the same Hellcat engine, the same weight. Thought it was a race for who could build the best car not who is the fastest driver out of Rawling or Frieburger.

The junkjard race would be much better.

I know who won....

GMG won

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Just got round to watching this months episode, I knew the Rotsun was a piece of sh*t but I assumed that was just the chassis, turns out the engine, gearbox and electrics are total junk too, best/worst car ever.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
F*cking sh*t episode, not only have they ruined the General Mayhem but we're not even allowed to see the final race because Gas Monkey are pricks.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Gas Monkey aint the pricks. Its the network that won't allow it as they have the rights to show GMG.
Anyhoo, was anything said if they will show this challenge on the show (Fast 'n' Loud)?