ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robs Crash

Family Bus
yes....mud was all over the road, even the police man said it was in a bad condition!! Stupid eh? We were all lucky not to follow Rob into field I think.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Cant believe the front air bags didnt go off !!!

Agreed

That looks nasty.

I take it that pic showing the mud on the road is where it all started? :(

And as for the questions on the airbags......
The main reason the front bags didnt deploy was because there is no actual front impact. So they would just get in the way.

The side airbags deployd as the car rolled and most likely the pre tensioners went off.

That is why there is an airbag computer to measure the impact etc...

Clio 172mk2
because phil , i dont take stuff so seriously , every ones ok thats main thing,

Go and roll your car, you will certainly take it seriously then.

Ive done it, and if i wasnt wearing 4point harnesses, i would be dead. the tree i hit hit right beside my head. when you have an experience like that you tend to not laugh at crashes.

erm i spun my 106 out into a old village wall cost about 3k in damages and yes i paid it all out in cash no insurers so i do know what its like.

but end of day lifes more inportant than material goods

try to find out who was responsible for the mud/gravel, it is possible to make a public liability claim say against if they can be traced farmer/contractor, very difficult claims to pursue but worth a go

Titanium 182
Did his bonnet catch fail or something ???!!!

Na only messing
Glad hes ok im so gutted for him about his car : ( it was lovely.

//James

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
As a witness, the car never sustained a front impact, it just rolled and rolled and the front seemed to disintergrate.

First the bonnet flew off, then wind screen then bumber.

Family Bus
Its such a shame, we usually have a good giggle, but it was good to see that everyone pulled together to help, as said before, will have to reshedule something perhaps when weather has improved.

D

danh172

glad ur both ok considerin wot happened, was a massive shock wen i came up the hill behind you! the front airbags didn't go off bcoz there was no frontal impact! just side as it rolled several times.

Just out of interest, when the police turned up did they say anything about the face there was so many clios around?

I have to say I didn't notice the blood first time around!

Just out of interest, when the police turned up did they say anything about the face there was so many clios around?
I wondered that, you'd think they'd take the angle that they were racing or something, but I guess with the mud there they might have realised it wasn't speed induced, or maybe they're just waiting on the tests.

Just hope the insurance doesn't ask questions like that!

Expert HDI & R53
OMG thats bad!! Im glad everyone is ok thou!!

You are all very lucky not too have done the same.

Everyone need to take care on the roads this winter the next person might not be soo lucky.

nasty, same thing happend to my mate last night in his fiesta was going to the cinema down a country road doing no more than 40mph and next thing was in a ditch facing the opposite direction.

Crashes are never nice. hope you okay fella.

I wondered that, you'd think they'd take the angle that they were racing or something, but I guess with the mud there they might have realised it wasn't speed induced, or maybe they're just waiting on the tests.

Well it just reminds me of a story I read in the paper. Apparently the police are getting hot on accidents like this where people are in clubs, assuming they were racing.

BTW I'm not insinuating thats what was happening either, just saying If I was a cop then thats how I'd be thinking.

Well it just reminds me of a story I read in the paper. Apparently the police are getting hot on accidents like this where people are in clubs, assuming they were racing.

BTW I'm not insinuating thats what was happening either, just saying If I was a cop then thats how I'd be thinking.
Not surprising given what happened in incidents such as the Honda owners one. Let's face it, given these are sporty cars that are being driven in convoy, it's only natural it's going to be part of their thought processes, rightly or wrongly.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ouch, so many cars on here written off and we are only half way through winter, becareful everyone

glad everyones ok

R56 JCW
I see alot of crashes in my job, one happened the other week and im amazed how this lady got out from it, again its the same sort of thing, wet leafs in the road, and she misjudged where the dual carriage became a single one, I was only a few cars behind, as i was in my work van