ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rocker cover leaking

Clio 172 ph2
Basically noticed that there was significant oil underneath the car and under the inlet man (we’re it curves onto the head).

Not just that the oil was pretty low and it seems and if it’s been leaking either through the manifold bolts or the cover itself.

What is the best way of going about fixing it ie taking it off and resealing it or sealing the bolts?

A don’t think there is a gasket for it or is there?

I have attached a picture also.
ff58a3b156ec88eb0d9964ed854c03ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They all leak lol

It's a liquid gasket and you can't just take the cover off, it holds the cams in.

Quite common for it to leak from the bolts though, take them out 1 by 1 and seal under the head with black loctite sealant.

Clio 172 ph2
They all leak lol

It's a liquid gasket and you can't just take the cover off, it holds the cams in.

Quite common for it to leak from the bolts though, take them out 1 by 1 and seal under the head with black loctite sealant.

What about using sealant on the bolts when putting them back in? Or is that a bad idea lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ok will give that a try. A take it that it’s common to leak from the bolt

Yeah it is, seen it on loads including mine.

You'll need some brake cleaner to clean the cover and each bolt otherwise the silicone won't stick.

The bolts don't need to be tight either, 11Nm is about right I think.