ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Cages

Went to get an insurance quote today if i put a rollcage in my car and they said they wouldn't insure me (privilege).
So anybody with a rollcage please could you tell me who you are insured with.
Cheers

williams 2
you really need to insure with somebody who are modifying friendly ie adrian flux, green light etc. They sometimes tend to be sligtly more expensive but then its less than a bump in premium when you do carry out extra mods.

clio sport 172
id go for Adrian flux as had my 4x4 kitted up with them 4" suspension lift role cage, front and rear winch bumpers big tyres snorkel you get the idea £500 all in not bad really thats f/c

Jag Mondeo -Type
Depends which company you use through Adrian Flux though, if you use Highway (which are often the cheapest) they won't insure roll cages!

Right had a qoute of Adrian Flux and all is well, thanks for the replies, so all i need to do now is source a cage.
I fancy a safety devices full cage, but want to put bucket seats and harnesses in aswell so want a cage which has a fixing bar to secure the harnesses.
Does anybody know which cage would be suitable, bolt in/weld in and any prices for the cage and associated fitting. I live in the north west if that makes a difference but am prepared to travel.
I'm not tracking the car, but like having fun around welsh B roads, which should be even better fun when i get the H&R coilovers fitted, i've just ordered!!!!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
hi therer i have a 28point OMP weld in cage and live in cheshire, feel free to pop down for a look,.. not sure if it what you want as you need tp rip out the whole interior inc roof lining, carpets etc and cut up the dash to make it fit also it is weld in only.

cost £890

E90
28 point weld in!!!!!

LOL I've heard of 6 point weld in and 10 points, 28 point lordy lordy lol

I'm getting one of these for the Bmw

ueberrollkaefig_e.jpg

http://www.wiechers-sport.de/

M2 Competition
But if you really want one get the safety devices one, and any good welding company will be able to add a harness bar for you.

Depends which company you use through Adrian Flux though, if you use Highway (which are often the cheapest) they won't insure roll cages!

Greenlight/Highway - Cage added at no extra cost apart from admin fee.

Not a full cage but I got the impression they would still insure me if so.

E90
they are a universal price for just about any model, with a cross instead of a diagonal and harness bar, about 600 euros or 400 and something of the queens pounds. Suppose to fit better than an OMP too.

lol at Steve, oh if only it was 100% dry, next time good Sir I will show you the meaning of "on it" Not just a 30 second burst through Miss hit miss

clio 200 F4Rt
any update pics ben?

i think i am going to go for the OMP one, as Custom Cages and Sparco multipoint cages dont run the harness bars for some reason!

lol at Steve, oh if only it was 100% dry, next time good Sir I will show you the meaning of "on it" Not just a 30 second burst through Miss hit miss

You came past me at a fair lick...

Sideways

The look on Bentons face summed it up.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
il get some pics up. i have just finished adding the extra bars and my compressor, lines, paint and spray gun came last week so il be spraying it acid yellow first :)

God knows how im going to get in the thing, the Cobra evolutions look hard to get into when there on the floor nevermind over the 4 door bars LOL

E90

Sideways

I was too busy chuckling at you throwing it out on two wheels, pmsl Any more track and that duel could of ended in tears lmao

Renaultsport 220T

Sideways

I was too busy chuckling at you throwing it out on two wheels, pmsl Any more track and that duel could of ended in tears lmao

Let's get the cage fitted before the next run please!

You were on it! Balloon tyres and sideways in the wet was fun!

:D

Jag Mondeo -Type

Greenlight/Highway - Cage added at no extra cost apart from admin fee.

Not a full cage but I got the impression they would still insure me if so.

Hmm oh well. When I opened my policy with them they said the only mods they wouldn't cover are rollcages. But anything else is fine?!

Guess they may have changed their minds.

Turbo Beige
Not sure how well this will come out.

Custom Cages:

RenaultClioMk3-vi.jpg

Sparco:

_Renault_Clio_2__SRC00753057S1-vi.jpg

The SPARCO ones are attached right behind the driver, its hard to see on the image but they are there (there set for LHD on that pic).

You can just use the rear horizontal bar on the caged one, or if you asked them i am sure they will provide you with a specific one.