ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll on from 30mph

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Every day drive I can see the torque being an issue. But. After owning an ep3 for 6 months I never really got the no or lack of torque issue. Same with the steering. Yeah it's not as direct as the Clio for example but never a crap car to drive. Fun yeah the Clio wins hands down even after I had a fast road setup on the ep3.

I did a day at Oulton in the ep3 and the only difference was the fuel, Clio was much better.

But 240/250 would give most high spec'd Clio's a run and beat a relatively standard one.

:)

Clio 172 Cup
You think a PZ is fast? One of my good friends had one for a few years, wasn't impressed by it at all! It was standard though mind (aren't the ECUs untunable?)

They're meant to be 230bhp aren't they, but apparently most only put out around 185 from memory?

Another friend also owns an S2000 and I would say that's a much faster car. 240ish standard and probably lighter.

I think you should consider using the Clio for sprints, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

My PZ will stay with an M3 through the lanes all day long, and on track days i have yet to have the honda pass me. i have sprinted now for 4 years and regulary come up against integra type R's and S2000's. Both of which cannot beat me. I am not saying I'm some driving god or i have a super fast RX but in my experience both other cars were slower. The guy in the S2000 that i compete against was using list 1B tyres and i was 0.8 quicker. He has since upgraded the S2000 with a super charger and admittedly it is a weapon.

clio 182 trophy
Every day I would be driving to work down some A roads and a white bmw would drive past like he stole it. guy was a grade 1 bellend all the time. outright dangerous 90% of the time.
He was glued onto my bumper one day coming home from work so I took the roundabout extra slow in 1st, him swerving to try and get past. I bolted it then and tbf to the clio, far from quick, but it blew it away. and he was trying. I braked at 80 odd and he eventually.flew past having been very far back. was an e90 330i. I thought it was a 318d or something. the guy was furious. ha ha. never race but that made me smile

Clio 172 Cup
21968809841_0953703960_o.jpg
Funny i just found a set of results from a sprint i did last year, Clio cup in the same class as me. Just over 5 seconds quicker in the RX.

image.jpg
I sold an S2000 to get my third Clio.

The S2000 was always a car I've wanted to own..... Having previously had EP3's, MX5's, starlet turbo, and a range of hot hatches!

It was a lovely car for road use, but on a track it always felt on edge. You had to always wringe it's neck, around Gerrads at Mallory Park in the wet it wanted to snap sideways. (Great fun) but I think my Clio's have been much more competent on track. Plus it was too nice of a car for track work.

A recent outing at Oulton Park I wanted to see how my Clio did against a pretty standard S2000. Yes on the straights I wouldn't have been able to simply drive past, but under braking, cornering and momentum out the bends had me past him pretty easily !

A lovely appreciating classic to be though!