ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Royaly F*&£@d up my bonnet :(

1.216V Hologram Grey
hey guys so im pretty new on here and a bit of a noob in general when it comes to this sort of thing, today after having a couple stone chips on my bonnet for quite a while now I decided to use some of that Halfords stone chip removal stuff/touch up paint...and well.. as you can see from the title...made a bit of a mess of it eg. its pretty lumpy , not very smooth as the litte sander supplied was pants :( it looks lumpy and crap in general..tbh I think it looked better with the stone chips lol :L I just wondered if any of you could help..any ways to correct it/ remove my mistakes? either that or il end up covering it up with a CS decal or something lol

thanks
matt

Weo

When it comes to respraying.
There is one rule.
If you don't know how.... Pay a spray shop! Bumper repairs are like 60-100 quid. Bonnet would of been roughly the same.

1.216V Hologram Grey
2012-04-06 14.58.25.jpg2012-04-06 14.58.43.jpg2012-04-06 14.58.56.jpg2012-04-06 14.59.08.jpg

1.216V Hologram Grey
haha yeahh ive learnt my lesson now :L these were taken earlier in the first pic you can see what ive done - just on the left near the lip of the bonnet, its not massive..but its noticable.. and the others are other chips and flakey paint..i think il be leaving them for now :L

1.216V Hologram Grey
baisically just made it look like the paints bubbled :( im currently looking for a new bumper lol :L but there isnt any I can find in hologram grey...so id need to get it resprayed anyway?

1.216V Hologram Grey
lol yes i know it does..that was the with the brush provided..and once it was on there was nothing I could do...ahhh well..think il be buying a few new parts for the little clio :L

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
Conservative guesstimate based on spray work I've had done in the past - I'd say to get your bonnet and bumper resprayed properly you'd be looking between 250 and 350. Best thing to do would be to get a quote or two and see if you think it's worth spending the money.

1.216V Hologram Grey
Conservative guesstimate based on spray work I've had done in the past - I'd say to get your bonnet and bumper resprayed properly you'd be looking between 250 and 350. Best thing to do would be to get a quote or two and see if you think it's worth spending the money.

okay thanks Nick :) i'll have to have a better look into it :) got my 18th comming up so may have to treat myself... lol :(

PB172
I really wouldnt bother wasting your money on it. I'm guessing you aren't that old and you will probably grow out of it / want something new / faster in a year or so. £350 is the difference between something good and better imo.

Least you learnt from your mistake haha. Professional or nothing mate!

1.216V Hologram Grey
ahhh fair point :) yepp im only 17 lol 18 in 2 weeks, and yeahh this is my first car so I guess its not that big of a deal..just sucks that I made a stupid mistake of trying to correct something on the cheap haha :L

Black Gold Trophy
To be fair it doesnt look like you personally have done anything wrong.

It just looks like from picture 2 the paint has flaked off in a massive area, and on picture 4 a massive flake of lacquer has come off.
So no touch-up kit would really solve this. You may be able to smart repair it, hard to tell.

Where are you located?

1.216V Hologram Grey
yeahh the only picture that shows anything I've done is picture one! all the other pictures are just showing other paint flakes and stone chips on my front bumber..I havent tried touching them up or anything :/ and ouhh whats a 'smart repair' ? and im based in Lincolnshire..Spalding :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Fair play for taking it on the chin. I did similar with a bumper repair once, looked s**t... the colour was off.

Unless you're really bothered about having an absolute mint car I wouldn't bother mate, save the money and see if you still think it's worth repairing when you come to sell it!

Nice colour mind :evil:

1.216V Hologram Grey
ohh dearrr that sucks! well yeahh my car wasnt completly mint when I bought it, like theres a few key scratches on the door pannels and others around the body from the previous owner and people in car parks haha..I guess this is just one of those things im going to have to live with..but i'll notice everytime I go out to the car lol :L oh well ive learnt my lesson..if I want somthing doing..do it profesionally and properly lol :L and thankyou I dont really see many hologram greys around here..i was just starting to think no-one liked it haha!