ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR Day -172 Results

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Tagged along with the FordTorque guys and RR'd my 172.

158bhp
Results were as expected tbh, car is standard and really needs a service/new plugs.

will be getting panel filter, NGK plugs and engine mounts done in the next few weeks, any other recomendations after that?

Pics here for you guys.
IMG_4179.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

Various cars:
IMG_4173.jpg

Si

RS Clio 172
how were your tyre pressures?

mine made 169. it's standard other than my exhaust.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Realistic if a little low, least u didnt get an AWEOMSE 190bhp from a filter and an exhaust. A good starting figure if nothing else, I hate RR posts in general though :D Ive been back to the same RR 4 times now and im slowly gaining, 10bhp up on the first visit so far from suble changes :)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Lol no i'm no fool claiming massive gains off minor mods... maybe i should get a resistor off ebay....? lol

Do tyre pressures affect RR results that much??

What BHP you running Greeny?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im running 172bhp :), started on 162.9bhp or something about 8 months ago. Car feels really rapid at the moment as well, weather will be helping of course but still, feels great. Paying to get it properly aligned helped ALOT, 2 degree negative camber is lovely as well ;)

Si

RS Clio 172
Do tyre pressures affect RR results that much??

yes iirc. i went to TDF without having checked mine in a while. i made 159. Matt told me to go away and check my tyres... i went and put them back to their normal 30psi and hey presto... 169bhp.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
bloody hell then. might have to check mine and try again then, I will update thread accordingly... Matched inlets is also on the list, where is the best place to do them?

I'm based in the midlands...

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Not sure if Fred would do them for you?, but he's in Birmingham.

Otherwise JAM-Sport in Northampton definately do it.

Megane RS 250
Chris if you can could you try a 50-90 kph (in 2nd) or a 90-130 kph (in 3rd), starting the clock when you press the pedal from constant speed? I haven't RR mine but i've tried these acceleration time and even have some videos...

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Chris if you can could you try a 50-90 kph (in 2nd) or a 90-130 kph (in 3rd), starting the clock when you press the pedal from constant speed? I haven't RR mine but i've tried these acceleration time and even have some videos...

Could do mate, but why?

And guys checked my tyre pressures and they were as follows

Front:
NS - 24psi
OS - 27psi

Rear:
OS - 33psi
NS 29psi

I think this is the reason like si said about the pressure being out....

182 BEAN
mine got 181.8 on the rr a month ago with :

de cat
k tec ultra sports exhaust
matched upper and lower inlets
espace v6 airbox + race filter
jms remap

love it when youtubes put oooo 203 bhp off a air filter and exhaust ha ha

Monaco RS Clio 172
I personally set my fronts to 33 psi and my rears to 31.

any one have any other recommendations while on the pressure subject?

sorry to hijack - well done for posting a genuine RR result too.

too many "electronic superchargers" out there making it easy to get 271 bhp from a standard engine with an "induction kit yo" ;)

LY R26 230 F1 Team
No worries =] I've brought an itg filter which will go in next week, and the car feels a lot more responsive with correct pressures in.

Will be needing engine mounts and spark plugs next week.

I want to get it back on the rollers ASAP to see what diff it makes - if any do a step by step so people can see the benifits of each mod.

Good idea?

Black Gold Trophy
The tyre pressures wont affect the way it drives! Well...not how responsive it will feel anyway!
They do affect RR figures though!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
no i meant like more responsive turn in and the back end wasnt skipping as much with lower pressure, not throttle response lol.

I know what i mean even if no-one else does...

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Oh and i've just found a fecking huge split in my exhaust center section! I'ts blowing like a Wh*re on crack!

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Oh and i've just found a fecking huge split in my exhaust center section! I'ts blowing like a Wh*re on crack!

Join the Club Chris :(

The standard exhaust replacement price is absured too, might aswell get a performance job.