ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Initial Review

Elise S1 B&C 140
Just down loaded the 98ron.cal (partial write not full .rst) file onto the car and im impressed, the car pulls stronger lower down and is much smoother. Before the map it used to try and stall and was very hesitant when pulling away but this has cured that too which is great. Only been for a short drive (5 miles) but the car feels good I will update when i have done a few more miles. My only prob is the Cruise doesnt work now but i have heard this is easily rectified with an email to henk.

Very pleased with it so far its really easy to use so full marks to fastchip.:D

I couldnt find a full .rst (group N) for my software verion so if this is available i will download that too and review - well worth the money though in my books

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
What software version was yours out of interest? I've posted my initial thoughts in the 'Just ordered my rs tuner kit' thread

BMW M135i
Just ordered mine too, let me know how you get on with the cruise please. Don't want to loose mine its bloody brilliant lol.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i installed the 98ron.cal then the group_n.rst as it there for my 6400 :)

172 A Cupwork Orange™
well i first installed the 98_ron.cal and ran it for 2 months then installed the full group_n.rst and 98_ron.cal so its right lol

PH1 172 Sport
cool just checking becuase otherwise i just did mine wrong!! Did you do any performance graphs for before and after??

ph2 172
had the problem with cruise control on mine. I emailed my backup .cal file to henk and got 7300_5410_RON98_1.cal by email the following day.

This fixed everything :)

the .rst file is full ecu software.

on my 182 i put on the lastest ecu software which was the .rst file and then the matching 98ron.cal file

might be different on the 172 as there was a grp N ECU for them

Elise S1 B&C 140
Just been on a 10 mile run and my Engine Management light came on drove very carfully home (about 1 mile luckily) the car seems to be running ok but the light has come on is this normal dont want to drive it and mess it up any advice please

ph2 172
Just been on a 10 mile run and my Engine Management light came on drove very carfully home (about 1 mile luckily) the car seems to be running ok but the light has come on is this normal dont want to drive it and mess it up any advice please

had exactly the same happen to mine, when I had the cal file loaded that stopped the climate control working. No problems since installing the correct cal file I got from henk. I suggest you restore your backup cal file until you get the correct one.

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
whats sort of gains are to be expected, superchips reckon they can get an extra 10bhp how does the rs tuner compare

Renaultsport Clio 172
Just down loaded the 98ron.cal (partial write not full .rst) file onto the car and im impressed, the car pulls stronger lower down and is much smoother. Before the map it used to try and stall and was very hesitant when pulling away but this has cured that too which is great. Only been for a short drive (5 miles) but the car feels good I will update when i have done a few more miles. My only prob is the Cruise doesnt work now but i have heard this is easily rectified with an email to henk.

Very pleased with it so far its really easy to use so full marks to fastchip.:D

I couldnt find a full .rst (group N) for my software verion so if this is available i will download that too and review - well worth the money though in my books

I had the same problem, not an issue, Henk fixed that for me. My car also pulled better from low down!!!

PH1 172 Sport
whats sort of gains are to be expected, superchips reckon they can get an extra 10bhp how does the rs tuner compare

I got about 5bhp and 10Nm between 3500 and 4500 rpm and smaller gains across the rev range. Peak power was no more and there was an increase of about 2Nm peak torque. This is what i was expecting.

You will be lucky to see a 10bhp peak increase with just a remap on these cars. Just expect more torque and power lower down the rev range which at the end of the day is where most people need it.

Elise S1 B&C 140

had exactly the same happen to mine, when I had the cal file loaded that stopped the climate control working. No problems since installing the correct cal file I got from henk. I suggest you restore your backup cal file until you get the correct one.

Sound I have emailed Henk regarding the map so i will await the new one hopefully all will be well.

Henk

Is there a groupN .rst available for software version 7300?

Also, I see you've updated the 7300 .cal. Is there any difference to the old one other than enabling cruise control?

Elise S1 B&C 140
@Goders172Sport
Your mail is bouncing.
You can find a new 7300 .cal in the download section.

Oh thats weird I will try the new download file this afternoon will this solve the ECU light aswell?

Uploaded the new file at lunch and the ECU light has now gone out. The Cruise turns on from the switch on the dash but I cant set the speed from the buttons on the steering wheel - any help?

Elise S1 B&C 140
^^ done three 5 mile runs in it (stopped in between) and no difference however the first run it wouldnt switch on on the dash either so may be it just takes time for the ECU to work it all out again??

FF182 Brembo Max, BMC CDA
Does Henk charge for a custom map, As I have a BMC filter so surely this will be different from the normal map due to better airflow?

Does Henk charge for a custom map, As I have a BMC filter so surely this will be different from the normal map due to better airflow?

Alot of us that are using rstuner group N maps have basic breathing mods. He does do custom maps for 50euro when buying the kit.

BMW M135i
^^ done three 5 mile runs in it (stopped in between) and no difference however the first run it wouldnt switch on on the dash either so may be it just takes time for the ECU to work it all out again??
When I had my car on clip and had some of the logs cleared and reset it takes 40 miles or so for the cruise to work again. Don't know if its the same, although that never used to put the icon on the dash either iirc.

Henk

Is there a groupN .rst available for software version 7300?

Also, I see you've updated the 7300 .cal. Is there any difference to the old one other than enabling cruise control?

I emailed Henk about it and there isn't a GrpN map for the 7300 version.

J

jarfun123

Ive just loaded the .98 cal file, should i be running the .rst group n with cat back exhaust, would this make more difference? How many people are running this file?

PH1 172 Sport
I have no mods apart from having a v6 espace airbox. I decided what map to have by running back to back tests along the same stretch of road. I found the .98cal to be the better drive and it provided slightly more torque at certain points in the rev range. I emailed Henk and he said the only way to decide between the two is run them both and see what the car responds too best.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Been doing alot of looking into one of these kits, Basically the car currently has a power flow exhaust & thats it but next month hoping to have an ITG pannel filter & a silenced de-cat so would have thought this kit would be prefect, since i already run it on optimax ( 98 ron ) & plan on having the de-cat would some thing like the group n map be best or another? also as it claims you can get 10hp from this & some of you guys claim in the region of 5hp what sort of bhp will i be looking at with group n map, decat & silenced decat, surely some where between 10-15hp? also what does the rev limit change to with the group n map?

Thanks,
James

arctic 182 ff
i installed my rs tuner kit on friday .98cal (i have de-cat,de-cat back stainless system,carbon filter with a cold air feed in the grill) and the difference is amazing so much smoother from cold feels better to drive and alot more torque lower down the rev range but pulls all the way to 7695 rpm :),the way the car is running i am not really fussed about trying the group n as yet it feels spot on.i had my cup rolling roaded 3 weeks ago and it made 184.4hp i would love to think (hope&dream lol) that its now nearing the 190 bhp mark it certainly feels it.money well spent i say !!!

J

jarfun123

Did you not install a .rst file first or did you just load the .cal98 file straight onto the standard ecu .rst?