ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Initial Review

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
1200rpm? bit high isnt it? i've rempaed mine using the RS tuner and it sits at 1000rpm which seems perfect to me as it was a little below 800 before

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Anyone used an RSTuner on an otherwise standard 182. I've just ordered one, but im having second thoughts as i've no other modifications on the car at all. The exhaust will eventially be replaced with a Milltek when the Renault one rusts through, but its probably good for another year or so yet. I take it the car will run OK on one of the 98 ron .cal files without having other modifications.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
melchy, it might be a good idea to throw in a decent panel filter, but IMO even without that there should be a noticeable difference.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I havea cat back exhaust and thats it. The rs tuner does more than make good use of modifications. It improves the existing map, by raising the idle limit to 966rpm instead of 840...(roughly)

It improves the power band and spreads it out

It improves throttle response....i could go on :)

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i got a question lol sorry about re brining this thread back up
1 can i use 95 ron fuel if i had to on this mapp
2 can i install it on my gfs 172 and a mate of mine aswell as mine 2?

Elise S1 B&C 140
i got a question lol sorry about re brining this thread back up
1 can i use 95 ron fuel if i had to on this mapp
2 can i install it on my gfs 172 and a mate of mine aswell as mine 2?

Only if you purchase 2 additional licences from fast chip (£40 each iirc)

Pee

172 Monaco Blue (27/468)
question about the license, if i buy the kit and remap my ecu, and a pal buys a license for himself.. and we do his.. can i then remap mine again? or will i need a new license >_<

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
excellent how do you know what map to download of rstuner? amni to belive theres 2 different types of ecu ? or do i plug it in and it tells me what i need

Pee

172 Monaco Blue (27/468)
From what i understand from the site, It tells you on the RStuner what your Vehicle type is, and then you download the correct software + cal..

Ive not got one! :p

I ordered mine a week ago! Waiting for it to come through now (cannot see any order tracking information on the website apart from it saying it is "shipped")

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
ive just read the online manual slighty confused me on the which file to select for the car but ill read it again should be ok i think lol

homer-simpson what shipping method did you chose?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
nice one Has...and what might be these details that are required for the second license?

btw, the previous car it was locked too wont work after a license change over.

Taken from FastChip site:

Need to program another Car ?

Provide us with your VCI hardware unlock code.

You can obtain this by connecting the VCI to your PC under: / about / unlock VCI / Copy to clipboard.
Send us the code by mail and we will unlock your VCI accordingly.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
nice one Has...and what might be these details that are required for the second license?

You can obtain this by connecting the VCI to your PC under: / about / unlock VCI / Copy to clipboard.

so if i install it first on my car then we install it to ryans with his unlock code i then need to pay for an unlock code for mine to re use it again ?

1.8 Civic EX

that's propper ghey! lol can see why they've doen it though I guess..

that's propper ghey! lol can see why they've doen it though I guess..

tbf at less than £150 its less than half the price of an off the shelf map elsewhere!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

so if i install it first on my car then we install it to ryans with his unlock code i then need to pay for an unlock code for mine to re use it again ?

Yes.

Basicly once its used to flash a car, it becomes "locked".
Then you need to get it "unlocked".

So yes, double unlock charges for you doing it that way.

Best checking with Henk on this.

Could work out costly if you need to flash another file onto a car that you have done already.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
should not be hard to crack the unlock code algorythm in reality.

Last edited:
  SchwepTek™

Yes.

Could work out costly if you need to flash another file onto a car that you have done already.

You do need to pay for a liscence each time but its one liscense per car so buy 2 liscences and program those 2 cars as many times as you want!

SchwepTek™
you had yours done schwepp? hows it running

Yep bought the kit last month. Doing a couple of the Bristol boys cars too and getting them to split the cost of the extra license to do my car!

Running much smoother now, especially on cold start. Torquier low down and its not all high end power now. Also the 7.5k rev limit is nice but doesnt really give you much benefit. I'm still yet to run a performance analyzer to see how effective it is though.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
hopefully mine comes soon be nice to see if theres any differences and my gfs 172 has got the roughest idle aswell so wanna wack it on hers see if it sorts it out

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Yes.

You do need to pay for a liscence each time but its one liscense per car so buy 2 liscences and program those 2 cars as many times as you want!

I didn't think this was true...?

You have to pay £40 everytime you want to remap a different car to the one RSTuner is currently locked too.