ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS tuner, new CB1N map

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i tired the new 7300_5410 RON98 july 2009 .cal [new style ECU only]

well happy with it

car so much smoother - need a clod start to see how that feels now

but 25 miles tonight and its well nice

rps13
I know this has been said so many times, but what's your opinion on the difference made by your Rstuner?

Albi Blue RS 200
Put the new map on tonight, only test drove it for 5 minutes as there is a lot of standing water in the North East tonight and my tyres were lighting up constantly even in 4th and 5th so unable to get anywhere near close to 7800 Limit. Unsure how much of a difference the July map has made from the June version though, I wish Henk would detail what changes he's made.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Didnt you see the other thread just below this one lol? Funny enough though im sitting in my car now after just loading it :) Its had good reviews from others so far, see the other thread.

Audi TT
yup see other thread. I've installed 7300_5410_WEB_RON98_july09.cal and am very happy with it. Wasn't convinced there was any difference between mine standard and the old RON98 map but this is a definite difference :D

Albi Blue RS 200
Didnt you see the other thread just below this one lol? Funny enough though im sitting in my car now after just loading it :) Its had good reviews from others so far, see the other thread.

Yea lol, literally put the map on mine 10 min ago. Need dry day to test it out fully.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Sorry to sound thick but im gonna have a go tomorrow at running the july 09 cal. Do i just need to install the new cal or should i change the rst as well

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Cheers for that pretty sure i have the 6400 2a07 rst installed at mo so im thinking i sould install the 6500 5404 rst before the new cal

Albi Blue RS 200
yea then you'll need to put the full 6500_5404.rst on first and then the new july 09 6500_5B03 cal.

make sure you back up your ecu if that is stock

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Cool cheers for the quick reply will give it a go tomorrow and then a good old blast ;)

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Quick question, Got the old laptop plugged in and backed up my ecu. Im just about to load the new rst and i have noticed the new one is standard settingcompared to the one i have which says group n :S Im a little confused. Also the 7300 setting says new style ecu how do you know if its a new style ?

Quick question, Got the old laptop plugged in and backed up my ecu. Im just about to load the new rst and i have noticed the new one is standard settingcompared to the one i have which says group n :S Im a little confused. Also the 7300 setting says new style ecu how do you know if its a new style ?

From what I can tell from your earlier post you have an OLD style ECU.
Putting the wrong software ON (rst) will leave your ECU dead.
Information can be found under 5.0 Which calibration file to use

Albi Blue RS 200
Henk, what changes exactly have you made in the july map and if you cant say are they significant enough for people to bother??

right i've slapped the last cal on, and taken it for a drive to the shops!

haven't really tested it out, but the idle is far far better from the map i previously had! it felt like some nutter was bouncing around on the car when it idled before! now much smoother :)

Henk, what changes exactly have you made in the july map and if you cant say are they significant enough for people to bother??

Henk,
This would also be good to know. Understand you can't go through every map listing changes, but a few would be good.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
As per my post in the other recent RSTuner thread I have the new july map on and going on the rollers tomorrow, wish me luck!

Albi Blue RS 200
Been out today I'm definitely feeling a difference with the July map. I'm noticing better economy and I also seem to get a nicer idle and start up. It also feels like more power has been unlocked but this may just be placebo. Feels bloody fast though :p

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
become a fully paid memeber mate, then you have access to the "for sale" section. they pop up in there quite often

surely it must just of increased ignition timing on the map a little, as messing with fuel makes very little differance to hp/tq.

does anyone have the ignition map to look at? even better, would be the stock ig map, overlayed onto the rs tuner map

or do they not release that sort of data? i take it you cant map rs tuner yourself?

surely it must just of increased ignition timing on the map a little, as messing with fuel makes very little differance to hp/tq.

does anyone have the ignition map to look at? even better, would be the stock ig map, overlayed onto the rs tuner map

or do they not release that sort of data? i take it you cant map rs tuner yourself?

ignition and fuelling, don't forget these engines spend a lot of time at lambda 1, so there's plenty to find there.

The maps aren't available to see, and correct, you can't map it yourself.

fair nuff :)

didnt think they would let you see the maps. but still, adding fuel has minimal effect, in comparison to adding ignition, which can have a big effect ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So people!

Are those that have gone from 6500_5404_RON98 map saying that this new 6500_5B03 is a better map?

I emailed Henk and he said that the 5404_RON98 map is the best one?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
infact how do you actually know if its been revised or not? its the same file name!

the latest ones have the date as part of the file name, unfortunately you can only see this once you've downloaded..... Henk needs to tidy up the whole version thing on his site as it's far from clear. I emailed saying when I'd downloaded my map to confirm.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
the latest ones have the date as part of the file name, unfortunately you can only see this once you've downloaded..... Henk needs to tidy up the whole version thing on his site as it's far from clear. I emailed saying when I'd downloaded my map to confirm.

Indeed!

Not sure which one to get now, hmm.