ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner

Clio sport 172
Hi,
Don't know whether I'm bein a bit of a mong here but how come you can buy a brand new rs tuner for 200 euro with everything u need and people sell them for 110-130 and u need to buy a license for 99 euros?
As I said I don't know whether I've missed something

BG Clio 182
The license you're looking at is for the V6 clio if I remember correctly. The standard unlock code for a 1*2 is about 30 quid or something ;) but you also have to buy the map you require so it works out maybe 20 quid cheaper to buy second hand. Thing is postage is a lot too seen as though it's from the Netherlands ;)

Clio sport 172
I see, yeh just checked £40. I thought I was doin something wrong. Don't know whether it's worth just gettin a new 1. Thanks for that anyway mate, big help :)

BG Clio 182
1 more thing actually if someone's used it for a 182 can it be used for a 172?
Yeah :) you can use the tuner on anything. To be fair i would look at new ones. Takes the hassle of making sure it works, buying an unlock code, sourcing the map etc. A new one although will cost you a bit more, has everything sorted and done and you know you won't encounter any issues and wait time bouncing emails bank and forth to Henk on a completely different time zone in the Netherlands :) unless you feel confident buy one from him new because it doesn't really cost much more and it's piece of mind :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
what is the new rev limit ive mapped mine its says 98ron fastchip on the laptop screen when i did it but car dont rev any higher did i miss something

Will rev to 7.5K once mapped using 98ron although the power drops below this. i personally change at 7k when giving it some stick. I bought mine brand new, saves hassle. And as said, emailing Henk can be awkward. For the sake of a few more quid, much more hassle free IMHO

BG Clio 182
Will rev to 7.5K once mapped using 98ron although the power drops below this. i personally change at 7k when giving it some stick. I bought mine brand new, saves hassle. And as said, emailing Henk can be awkward. For the sake of a few more quid, much more hassle free IMHO
Yeah is that from gear 2 onwards or something? Correct me if I'm wrong "/

Not only that but the text on the website is exactly the same as the Fastchip website:

http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?op...ge&product_id=18&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

"Simply plug the interface in between your laptop and your car's OBD diagnostics port, and within minutes you can upload one of our performance maps to give you additional engine horsepower. No cutting, wiring, or other such modifications, simply plug-and-play and enjoy the unlocked performance."

BG Clio 182
Sorry for three posts on the trot but this may have something to do with it:

http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Reseller unit is €246.00 as it comes with a reprogramming licence.
Looking at it all their website is shagged mate and showing incorrect crap. Prices are way off. Buy from fast chip direct, the forum or ring them and ask what the real price is. I'd presume it's their starting from price coz 1*2's are usually the cheapest to map through fast chip presuming that's what you have ;)

BG Clio 182
And it comes with the same map that I would get from buying it from RS Tuning? Might jus invest in one after Christmas. :)
Yeah. When you buy one from RS TUNING you get a free map and unlocked device. you then connect to the car send the number to Henk and he sends the corresponding files and maps etc haha.

BG Clio 182
Yeah. When you buy one from RS TUNING you get a free map and unlocked device. you then connect to the car send the number to Henk and he sends the corresponding files and maps etc haha.
Sorry when you buy from fast chip I mean haha its all confusing.

Fastchip = rs tuner software which you plug the interface into your car via your laptop via obd2 and you upload a generic map file sent to you by henk. Well worth it imo

Rstuning = a visit down to leeds i think it is for a custom map session with a dyno. Which costs a bit more

BG Clio 182
Fastchip = rs tuner software where you plug the interface into your car via obd2 and you upload a generic map file sent to you by henk

Rstuning = a visit down to leeds i think it is for a custom map session with a dyno. Which costs a bit more
It's confusing though if you check the guys link haha!

RS tuning in leeds sell Fast chips RS TUNER as like a stockist if you will. The thing is they seem to have fucked the price up on the website and its charging £444 quid which is way out of proportion haha!

The guy is wondering why it's so dear and why you wouldn't get it from fast chip when it's only like £250 so I explained it's simply that the website price for the rs tuner from RS TUNING is fucked up and he'd be best to ring them if he wants the real price or just get one from the forum or better still from Henk over at Fast chips directly haha.

Yeah I don't think N4TH4N was understanding what I mean or opening the links I was referring to. Best bet is to ring RS tuning to check the price and if its way more than just buy direct from Fastchips. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yea i didn't open in all honesty. But in short just buy directly from henk at fastchip.nl you cannot go wrong. Website can be a bit daunting at first. Took me a while to get to grips with it. Any issues drop me a pm

Can the box be used to change the maps on multiple cars? I.e. if someone local had the box, could I pay for a code and map, put it on my car and then give the box back?
Cheers