ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 Manifold / Oil Change

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi Guys.

I changed the oil for the first time after fitting the RS2 Manifold which turned out to be a right pain, I ended up having to jack the engine up slightly in order to get my hand around the oil filter, this I don't mind but I still couldn't get enough grip to remove it and ended up putting a screw driver through it which I really don't want to have to do again.

Maybe an oil filter strap would help but i'm unsure whether access and leverage would prevent me from using it properly.

Does anyone have any better methods?

Thanks
Ben

geordie

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Either a strap or a filter tool mate one that sits on the filter and you turn with a ratchet

Strap from the bottom mate

It's the same issue I have with bodies - there's no room to get your arm down

Jack it up and undo the 4 x 10mm bolts that hold the engine shield up - then stick a strap around the filter from the bottom - easy peasy :)

Clio 182 Trophy
Nice one guys.

I'll order up a filter strap, near on impossible without one. It took me over an hour to do an oil change :banghead:

Cheers