ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rstuner help

Megane 265 Cup
hey,

just got my rstuner unlocked and got the .cal file for remapping. One question though, do I need to do a full ecu write with a .rst file or do I just need to do the .cal file mapping to the ecu?

thanks

Megane 265 Cup
All the rst files seem to have launch control...do you have to have launch control then?

anyone done this before on a 182, some advise would be appreciated lol...

Megane 265 Cup
Ok so I mapped it, but, can anyone tell me is it one or the other u use? either rst or cal and not both? is this right? or do I use the rst file then write the cal file? please help.

thanks

Clio 172 ph2
I believe you need the rst to write all the ecu flash ,not only the cal file . I don`t really think you can make the launch control working only by writing a .cal , and the rst already has the performance map on it .

Megane 265 Cup
Not really what I was asking...I mean, do I just use the rst file alone? Does this do the full thing map and all? or do I use both rst file and cal file?

E46 M3
If its an rst with launch control then just use that, its already got the cal on it.

If your using an rst without launch control then write a cal too.

Megane 265 Cup
Thanks mate, it had the launch control and all, crap I wasted money buying the cal and rst :( can I sell the cal file with the rstuner? Or would that not work