ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty wheel bolts

Clio 200t
Does anybody else get annoyed with the crap quality of wheel bolts. More than half of mine have surface rust on them. It just makes the wheels look awful. I have the black rims so when the bolts are nice and silver it is a good contrast with the wheel. I know you can buy plastic caps to cover them up but the locking bolts need another type of cover which just adds to the expense. Thought about buying a new black set of bolts but they will probably get scratched with the wheel spanner. Rant over!!!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The downfall with TPI bolts is they rust too! And then look crap!

Unless you clean your bolts regularly, I think your fighting a losing battle if your car is used everyday.

Clio 200t
Car is used everyday but these seem to worse than normal. I had a megane before this and although they showed signs of rust these one's are completely rust colour on the top. Used some sandpaper to get the worst of it off and look a bit better.