ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sachs rear dampers (non trophy)

BG182FF
See a lot of these on ebay, for £23-ish each? My standard rear shocks are leaking and in need of replacement, came across these and wondered has anyone had experience of them.

I know Trophy's are fitted with Sachs suspension, are these the same 'Sachs' breed as the Trophy use?

225 Cup & Williams
Genuine Renault ones are about £45 each better off with them. The rears on the trophy aren't actually Sachs either they are the same as 172/182 rear cup shocks.

BG182FF
for £23 i would think not
This was my thought, Wests Renault do the standard ones for £40 +p&p IIRC. I read quite a bit about the Koni rear dampers, I take it people run standard (Trophy/non Trophy) on the front and Koni's on the rear in that case?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
This was my thought, Wests Renault do the standard ones for £40 +p&p IIRC. I read quite a bit about the Koni rear dampers, I take it people run standard (Trophy/non Trophy) on the front and Koni's on the rear in that case?

i know trophy owners run their sachs upfront and koni on the rears as the standard rears aren't as stiff as the front sachs.

182 Trophy #333
Genuine Renault ones are about £45 each better off with them. The rears on the trophy aren't actually Sachs either they are the same as 172/182 rear cup shocks.

Even though they're silver and say Sachs race engineering on them? They're a lot firmer than cup rear shocks too! They're Sachs on the rear also.

182 Trophy #333
Yeah they do have sachs stickers on, well mine do at least

I've got a set on the floor in front of me, same silver paint and stickers as the front shocks, the £23 ones that have been linked are just Sachs made OE shocks not trophy ones!