ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Smart TV

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
Just bought one as a christmas treat, has anyone else got one?

Can you get it to share music with itunes / Mac?

Audi S1
I've got the SamsungUE55D8000.

If you have Vuze you can drop files onto your TV. But I don't think you can share your iTunes library with it, no.

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
Just looked I've got the same TV just the 46, any other tips, also how do you get itunes music onto Vuze?

Clio 1.2 16V
Apple TV is probably best if you've got a lot of iTunes content (plus a jailbreak can make it even more useful). If you don't want to spend any more money then try PlexApp, its free and links you computer to your Smart TV so that might be worth a try. Think its got some iTunes integration too...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
however on most tv's if you wire the tv to the router via cat5... plex will only work if you hard wire your mac to the router too, so you can't wifi the computer and have the tv on cat 5... so you will have to buy a wifi dongle for the tv which are like 50-100 quid so u may as well buy apple tv lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm strongly considering a UE467000 in a week or two (whilst the samsung cashback offer is on).
I'm just trying to convince myself that 46'' won't be too big for the room.

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
Costco have a great deal on the UE46D6750, for £1100 inc 3 pairs of 3D glasses, which is what I've bought. I'm looking at it now still wondering if its too big. I originally bought to 37" but took it back as it looked way too small, as the plastic bezel is micro thin. Give me a shout if you want a look or borrow my costco card.
[h=1][/h]

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate but I'm a member myself.

I had a look round last week but their price on the 7000 isn't quite as good as John Lewis

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'd say the Panny VT30 plasma is the best TV out there at the minute.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think its fair to compare plasma to LED really. they both have their pros and cons

So if it's the "best TV ever" then how can it be unfair to compare LED with Plasma lol.

Anyone who is in the market for a new big TV is going to compare the two technologies and get the one they feel is best for their needs after weighing up the pro's and con's of both.

Last edited:
I have the UE55D8000. It is amazing but not without its faults. Sometimes I notice backlight blooming in the corners, and the Smart Hub can be very slow to respond when browsing a big external HDD. Overall though it's brilliant. I wouldn't want anything else right now. Interestingly, now that I don't use a plasma anymore, I've started seeing phosphor trails again when I do watch one.

Not sure about iTunes, but mine can see my Windows PC on the network. I just plug all media in via USB. Plays everything I've asked it to so far.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I have the UE55D8000. It is amazing but not without its faults. Sometimes I notice backlight blooming in the corners, and the Smart Hub can be very slow to respond when browsing a big external HDD. Overall though it's brilliant. I wouldn't want anything else right now. Interestingly, now that I don't use a plasma anymore, I've started seeing phosphor trails again when I do watch one.

Not sure about iTunes, but mine can see my Windows PC on the network. I just plug all media in via USB. Plays everything I've asked it to so far.

How would you watch a 4+gb mkv via USB, don't think it's possible is it?

EDIT: Oh and FYI there's now an iPad app that completely controls the TV from the luxury of Apple's big screen remote control. Including browsing all media, local and network, and of course now offering a large QWERTY keyboard for inputting text. Controlling a UE55D8000 via a slick iPad interface is bauler!

If you want to write to an NTFS volume in OSX then you'll need a third party driver. There's a few solutions, but I use Paragon NTFS.

OSX can natively read NTFS, but can't write to it. Some say there is a workaround to enable writing through a terminal command, but I've read that it's buggy, so have never tried it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you want to write to an NTFS volume in OSX then you'll need a third party driver. There's a few solutions, but I use Paragon NTFS.

OSX can natively read NTFS, but can't write to it. Some say there is a workaround to enable writing through a terminal command, but I've read that it's buggy, so have never tried it.

Cool, thanks

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Downloaded it today and now I can put my Blu-Ray rips onto USB drive and watch 'em on our Samsung smart tv.

Cheers Roy

Audi S1

Roy - try using these settings.

Hold on it's not letting me upload the pic

EDIT - Here
6594585971_7ac8453fd2.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers but I already have mine setup via suggested settings from the AV Forums.

FYI, if you didn't already know, all settings are per input, so you have to setup every input source. You'll also have to do this in 3D mode as well.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I went for a wander round Costco and walked out with a UE46D8000, smart remote, glasses and Skype cam.

..and some bagels