ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Smart TV

Winner. Feel free to ask any questions. I've had mine for ages now so I know the ups & downs etc.

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Roy. I've just managed to program the sky remote but it seems the touch screen smart remote thing won't be so easy. Do you have one?

Paul, it's on the end of the aisle between the opticians and the photo counter.

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
Cheers Roy. I've just managed to program the sky remote but it seems the touch screen smart remote thing won't be so easy. Do you have one?

Paul, it's on the end of the aisle between the opticians and the photo counter.

Can I be cheeky how much was it Aucky, may have bought the wrong one, if yours has a swanky remote?

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
mine did too, that's why I was wondering if yours was diff with the fancy remote.

So how are you doing your basic sky functions? I've got the ipad app which is ok for the keyboard and things, but still have the pesky sky remote so now need two.

I've had a look at some of the forums, and the yanks can integrate the samsung guide etc with there satellite / cable. But doesn't work in blighty?

would be nice to use all of the tv functions in the smart hub arena, without having freeview. Any thoughts?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've come to the conclusion that the Smart Remote (SAMSUNG RMC30D1P2/XU ) is a complete waste of money. In hindsight I would not have bought it, and instead of ''saving'' money on the bundle I would just buy the TV elsewhere. I've just looked at how much they retail for, £200 WTF???

Its slow, the controls spread accross multiple screens meaning you have to scroll, it needs charging, each button needs programming via infra-red (as a universal remote). Its just easier and quicker to use the standard remote.

The only semi-useful function is Dual Tv. This replicates the TV screen on the remote's own 3'' (I think) screen. Handy if you want to watch tv whilst taking a dump, or maybe if I want to listen to it in the garage.
The selling point of not missing anything if you have to leave the room is largely made defunct by Sky+.

So, despite looking like a fancy toy it can't match a good old button remote.