ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Satnav Update

A

ashy_gtt

Hello,

I have a Garmin Satnav Streetpilot 510c and the map is well out of date. I've been on the garmin site to update my unit and it costs £60.00 for the update! I was at the argos clearance store on Sat and you can buy a new one for £90.00

Does anyone know where I can get the 2009 update from without paying a fortune?

Cheers Chaps.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the only way is a slight con.
have you registered your seriel number on my garmin?
if not then what you can do is register it now and write to garmin customer service and say you purchased your garmin after the release date of the current maps, but yours has the older maps on it. 99 times out of 100 garmin will offer you the new maps for free, but you need to wait upt o 2 weeks to get the navigator DVD to arrive, and it will only work with your seriel number, as each DVD has a unique key, whis is derived form said seriel number. or what they do on some units is ask you to send off your SD card with your maps on it off to Garmin in america and they will send it back updated. and when you get the card back you cannot copy the maps from this card onto another as they are locked to some coding within the cards memory,

If you have then you are pretty much screwed and need to stump up, but £60 is pretty good the last updates were in the £90 region.