ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scam??

GT3

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Vts
Hi I was looking at this 172 the other week and was tempted to look at it but did think it was a tad over priced even considering the mileage at £4500.

However now they have dropped the price by almost half it is quite a lot more appealing. But what garage in their right mind would sell a 25k mile mint 2002 172 for £2500? Surely someone would snap it up at £3.5k?

And it does seem a bit suspect that they want you to email through the link in the video? It also only lists a mobile number on pistonheads and on ebay there is no contact details at all.

Also the car appears to have a cliosport sticker in the back window so does anyone know anything about the car?

Also anyone heard of Liburds of Manchester?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1490288.htm
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...omobiles_UK?hash=item1e5af1a699#ht_500wt_1182

Cheers, Paul

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Ill say its been accident recorded and its not had the belts done

If so its about right.

Also, there is no name and absolutley no mention of any "bad bits"

Not an awful lot in the way of honest in the advert

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Ph1 track 172
defs a cliosport sticker in the window.

just HPI check it, and hound them with every question you want to ask,
and examine the logbook closely and itll be fine!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ITB'd MK1
I'd guess at neglected servicing (belts) and they've had a quote from renault to have it done and been scared.

Bargain if it's good and just needs the belts doing

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Clio 172
I was looking at buying it(£4500), i asked about the fsh and i kindly explained that the belts need doing every 3/5years and that he is wrong in thinking the originals are ok till 72k! I walked away......lol