ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scared my mum...

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Has anyone elses parents emerged from their Sport looking like they just got off "Nemesis" at Alton towers?

Both me and my lass have reduced our parents to gibbering wrecks. And we were just driving the car normally... Honest... ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The day i got my 182 demo from work (about 2004) i took my mum into town to meet her mates....

She was shaking when she got out! lol

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
It's when they go for the JC handles that you know your onto a winner.

What are JC handles? Same as "f**k me! handles"?

My lasses mum apparently braced herself against the dashboard.
Love it when people do that. Tell 'em "well if I do crash the least you can hope for is two broken writsts off the airbag...".

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only know of one person who's not scared to go in my car, lady friend loves it, she's getting a mazda mx5 now cos i've shown her how cars can be fun :)

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
My dad used to tell me to slow down when I had the old 1.2. Probably going to avoid taking him out in the 2.0...

Black Gold 182 W/CupPacks
Yup scared my mum to death when she asked for a ride in my new car by flinging it round the roundabout and then ragging it off the curved exit onto the local bypass. She was not a happy bunny, she still braces herself if I ever give her a lift somewhere just incase im going to floor it or something, even if its in a straight line lol.
My dads ok though he appreciates the difference between making progress and actually driving dangerously.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
My mum eggs me on for dodgy overtakes... No s**t... She was commuting daily in my 206 up until about 18 months ago to leeds and back to visit me in hospital for a 9 months ish. And one day she arrived and said "How annoying is that whistling vent at about 100mph? If you push past it goes away, but I worry about getting caught at 110-120"...

She's 54 heh.

Dan

^
She sounds like a nutter mate ;)

My old mans a bit bonkers, he was giving it a bit in his 172 once, he looked down & goes oooh, it shows 145 !! (I guess it over reads a fair bit) I was like errmm, you can slow down now.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
My mum eggs me on for dodgy overtakes... No s**t... She was commuting daily in my 206 up until about 18 months ago to leeds and back to visit me in hospital for a 9 months ish. And one day she arrived and said "How annoying is that whistling vent at about 100mph? If you push past it goes away, but I worry about getting caught at 110-120"...

She's 54 heh.

Dan

Thats awesome...

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
To be fair to her - the whistling vent was bloody annoying heh!

Dan

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Opposite way around for me. I come out of my parents (specifically my dads) car, thanking the lord that i'm in one piece! Shocking driver.

Hyundai i40
try not to let them in the car........my dads fine but im mum shouts at the littlest of things.....even tho she has 3 points for speeding and i have none.

meet them up at there house other day to go my uncles and follow them through. i took the back roads they took the main roads......got there way before them and my uncle came out and said where the rents so i said on there way, they left before us. When my mum got there my uncle said took your time didnt ya and got an evil glare off her

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
My dad always has a go at my driving. Telling me I don't need to rev it so much because it has a big engine blah blah blah. We're only doing 4000rpm FFS. He's never driven my car so how the hell would he know. Its so annoying.

RB 182 Cup
I managed to scare my mum in a 1.1 seicento ffs, so I'm only ever well behaved when she's in the racing blue! But she is a passenger seat driver she doesn't even have licence!
"Charlotte there's a car there" just pointless comments really, but I like helping her out

My dad is a former rally driver so if i get him to drive me into town, we take my car and i'm the one who's scared as he shows me what the 182 is really capable of.
Usually followed by me moaning about how much of my petrol he's wasting.

RB182cup&golf gti
scared my mum many a time - in the old vts went after a saab and a tvr down a dc, was quite funny "ssssslow down"

Merc A class
My mum Drove my Bros meg and she Sh*it it

Her Responce was uhhh i thought i was goin 2 take off haha!

Revo Stage 1 Leon FR
My old man was a traffic cop for 26 years so he eggs me on to give it some stick on the A roads !

My mum complains if i go over 20mph :(

RS 200
Mine are always hammering the passenger footwell for the imaginary brake pedal, aswell as having each hand on a seat bolster on either side.
Oh and I get the "what are you tyrying to prove", nothing I really cant go any slower ffs. If it doesnt feel like their old peoples Honda Civic when going round a corner I'm going to fast, in reality I really cant go any slower or smoother, I drive like i'm on a driving test with them in the car !! Dont exactly want to have a wreck with the parents in the car do I !!!

133/225/CLS AMG
Ny mum is the worst passenger even when I'm driving her little SportKa! lol

Took her for a spin in my old Clio 172 and had some bint in a Clio 1.2 revving and looking round at my car. So I nailed it off the lights, took it to 6k in 1st and 2nd, my mum was like 'ok ok thats enough' lol

She had a go in it just before I sold it and pulled over after about 500 metres saying 'its too quick for me' haha. At least she admits it lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I don't think I ever scared my Mum when she was in my car. She was known for telling me to 'put my foot down abit'. Sadly she is no longer around so I can't do that anymore.

My Dad is a different matter altogether. He has a Magane 2ltr RXE and quite often comes and tells me how he has booted it abit. (Wont go over 90 though. He's 75). He is like me when being a passenger, hates any kind of speed. I have major respect for how my passengers feel in my car, so when driving Dad about I behave myself and stick to all the speed limits and NEVER go above 60, or he'd screem and yell at me. Fair play I guess, I wouldn't like it either.

clio 182 black /gold
I scared the shoot out of my work mate on a roundabout. I was slidding it around. It took him ages to come back in the car. I dont know why lol.

Clio
I took the old dear out in the Vee when I got it, she made me stop at the end of the road so she could get out and walk home:(