ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott's Super Clean PH1 172 Project Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The Type RA would love the roads over here mate... you've always got a place to stay if you fancy a trip to sunny south Wales... (well, it's sunny at the moment).
This will be happening mate, im going to make good use of the Spec C.
Very nice. Look forward to seeing you make it look cleaner and faster than it is now.
Thanks Andrew, im looking forward to collecting it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Today i removed the wheels and gave the wheel arches a clean along with the wheels.

Gave the body work a wipe over with some C2V3, cleaned the glass and gave it a hoover out, then took it for a blast over to Tanias mum's and dads home where it will stay until its sold.

Sad day being the last time ill drive it, end of an era.

17111037732_81787c4fe4_c.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

16924777818_d847d28479_c.jpg

16926388119_0e22ca0f28_c.jpg

Ready to roll

16490175024_5fa36c30c0_c.jpg

Clio's resting place.

16926528499_37db093ef5_c.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Do not like :-(

Still feel this is more special than the subaru, but i understand your reasons

Haha, it's special because I've spent thousands on it. ;)

I understand what your saying though mate, ive been told that there's only 900 bugeye Spec C RAs so I'd say that's even more special. [emoji41]

I'm going to get alot more use out of the subaru mate, already planning to meet up with Andy (SharkyUK) for a day or two on the roads of Wales. [emoji3]

Same Stef :(

But yeah, I understand you reasons too.

Looks so good parked up, apart from the last pic! Haha. Have you had much interest in it Scott?
Cheers bud, yes lots but no one's parted with there money yet. [emoji3]

Inferno 225 cup
Haha, it's special because I've spent thousands on it. ;)

I understand what your saying though mate, ive been told that there's only 900 bugeye Spec C RAs so I'd say that's even more special. [emoji41]

I'm going to get alot more use out of the subaru mate, already planning to meet up with Andy (SharkyUK) for a day or two on the roads of Wales. [emoji3]

Cheers bud, yes lots but no one's parted with there money yet. [emoji3]
And how many mint ph1's? Not 900 big man.

Sad times :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
In agreement with the recent posts I'm also gutted to see that your Ph1 is now tucked away and awaiting a new owner. But times, tastes and circumstances change so onwards and upwards.

I look forward to it mate. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That looks factory fresh. Its superb.

The roads around here are superb..., I'm not far from Andy. Great place for an impreza.
Nearer the time mate ill let you know our plans, if you are free it will good to meet you bud.

And how many mint ph1's? Not 900 big man.

Sad times 😧
Yeah yeah, i know mate. I feel the Subaru will suit my needs alot more, im sure it will be mint once ive spent time on it.
I just had to have something with booooooooost. :cool:
In agreement with the recent posts I'm also gutted to see that your Ph1 is now tucked away and awaiting a new owner. But times, tastes and circumstances change so onwards and upwards.

I look forward to it mate. :smile:
Me to bud. :smiley:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The ra will be awesome mate.
Thanks Jamie, hopefully not to long now.

I 99% sure ill be taking the car to the French Car show, might as well.

It hasn't been used in months but it seems a shame for it to just sit there taxed and insured, it will be nice to meet a few more folk and get to show the car.

You never know i might find a buyer. :smiley:

SQ5
I just wish I had the disposable money, I can't see the conversation of "Gem, I tell you what, rather than a wedding, let's use the savings for a mint Ph1 for me, that you can never drive" going down to well to be honest.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I just wish I had the disposable money, I can't see the conversation of "Gem, I tell you what, rather than a wedding, let's use the savings for a mint Ph1 for me, that you can never drive" going down to well to be honest.
Hahaha, i know that feeling mate.
It didn't go down that well when i told Tania id bought the Spec C without selling the PH1 first.

Much interest yet mate.?
TBH mate yes lots, a few say its out of there budget and most don't even bother getting back to me.

Its fine im in no major rush to sell and ive known all along that ive got to find the right buyer.
Ive bought the Spec C, so im happy to wait a while as im not desperate for the money.

Im going to list the PH1 on ebay, maybe not the best place but i think its a great platform with lots of traffic. Im also willing to take a PX that i could give to the misses if it helps the sale.

Im thinking about selling the number on its own as it was valued at £1500. Seems a shame but needs must.

Yeah. It is definitely a case of waiting for the right buyer. Luckily you have the luxury of waiting [emoji5]

I'd definitely sell the number plate. It won't add value to the sale of the car.... just lose you money.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah. It is definitely a case of waiting for the right buyer. Luckily you have the luxury of waiting [emoji5]

I'd definitely sell the number plate. It won't add value to the sale of the car.... just lose you money.
I wanted the number to go with the car as its perfect.

But id be a fool to loose money, the car is the car at the end of the day and the number is just a nice thing to have as an added extra.

Im sure ill sell the number on, maybe to a PH1 V6 owner as i cant see another PH1 owner wanting to spend that much on a number plate.

Failing that ill wack it on the scooby or my van.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
whatever you get on Ebay will be the same as if all the standard parts were refitted- you should have just swopped them back & sold it for near 4k then sold the modifications on here ..

Anyway best of luck with the sale- As ever with Ebay its not sold until the cash is in the palm of your hand!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Just seen this on eBay mate.

Nice to see full stops and capitol letters! That doesn't happen on eBay!
Come on, this is me. :smiley:

I'd have thought it'd be worth more to the right people.
:up:

Sounds promising. Has the ra arrived yet?
Rich is very very keen, loves the car.

Yes mate, it touched down in the UK on the 25th. I have had an email from Torque GT this afternoon saying that they are hoping to collect the car from the docks tomorrow and take it to there workshop in Devon. :smiley: