ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

See man driving a.... French whip?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Picked this up today. Feels great to be back in a car that can fit into spaces (unlike the merc!) and actually goes when you put your foot on the accelerator (unlike my 1.2 clio!)

Got a list of jobs to do on it, the first one being that there are no rear brakes! Drove it 20 odd miles today and the discs remained untouched! lol. And the handbrake when applied nearly touches the back window...

And get the alarm fixed/replaced as it doesn't work/lock.

After that, it's purely cosmetic stuff to tidy it up; Paint the bonnet, refurb the headlights, needs a real good clean etc.

On the whole though, it's been REALLY well looked after and drives absolutely without fault! I think my first ever clio with no interior rattles?? New brakes, new tyres, recent belts and dephaser... I love it when people maintain their cars properly. The difference in driving a well maintained one and a snotter are night and day!

Anyway, here it is after I gave it a very quick (less than 10 minutes as I had to go shopping) clean...

8BFF5537-1E1E-4F29-ADF0-3A078572A9E6_zpslidbij9z.jpg

AC750818-714F-4042-B93C-EB111929C539_zpsqaue3iff.jpg

C2B30B08-1CB2-472C-BA75-22CC5EC339D3_zpsom1thd6c.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Looks good Dan, can't beat a clean, standard Monaco.

Has it come from another member?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That looks lovely Daniel, especially considering it's only had a "10 minutes as I had to go shopping clean"

Recaro's are a nice little extra :p

The previous owner kept it really clean. Tonight I just washed it blew it dry and slicked the tyres. All the polish/wax etc is his doing! lol

The Recaro's are coming out and going in my 49,000 mile monaco that i'm restoring.

Looks good Dan, can't beat a clean, standard Monaco.

Has it come from another member?

Yes mate, was for sale on here. Only 12 miles away too which was a welcome change. The last 172 I bought was an 8 hour round trip! lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fûck yes! Monaco and trendlines.

Love that colour!

work for BMW
Reading this makes me regret selling it :( ah well brand new BMW is a welcome change from a 11 year old Clio!
Enjoy it Dan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Reading this makes me regret selling it :( ah well brand new BMW is a welcome change from a 11 year old Clio!
Enjoy it Dan

Remember what we spoke about Alex? You may get to drive a brand new car every 3 months, but I don't have to deal with the public anymore... ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looking really smart. Great colour (not that I'm biased).

Seats wise, theres some for £400 on minitorque. Theyre not CS trendlines (no harness holes) so dont carry the same premium.

Lovely car though, nice price.

I kind of prefer the ones without the harness holes. Is there a specific name for them, or a car they came from? Might be interested in a set in future.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looking really smart. Great colour (not that I'm biased).

I kind of prefer the ones without the harness holes. Is there a specific name for them, or a car they came from? Might be interested in a set in future.

I'm guessing they came from Capital seating as the handle to slide back and forward is different to Trophy seats, the harness holes are missing and I have numerous books and manuals for them. None of them Renault Specific.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They'll have paid more than a second hand set of clio ones I imagine then!

I'm at the stage now where I need to decide if I keep ploughing money into mine or start the R26 fund. If I keep mine I'm going to have to get it sprayed as it's doing my tits in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They'll have paid more than a second hand set of clio ones I imagine then!

I'm at the stage now where I need to decide if I keep ploughing money into mine or start the R26 fund. If I keep mine I'm going to have to get it sprayed as it's doing my tits in.

The other Monaco is getting completely painted, all bar the roof. Not looking forward to the bill!! Lol

Worth it though. Can't beat fresh paint.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The other Monaco is getting completely painted, all bar the roof. Not looking forward to the bill!! Lol

Worth it though. Can't beat fresh paint.

Mine is horrendous. Sanding marks everywhere (can't wet sand out as the paint is too thin) thin paint, stone chips, scratches, dents, poorly repaired panels.

Nightmare.

Also. Other Monaco?!?!?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah I bought one a while ago. 6 months?? Spinksy

It's having a big resto on it. Last weekend we did belts and dephaser. New TRE's, ball joints, 4 new tyres, discs and pads etc etc. Getting painted all over apart from the roof, fit these Recaro seats, New Cup shocks, 182 Cup springs and a splitter. Other than that, will be how it left the factory! :D

Only done 49k.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

It's having a big resto on it. Last weekend we did belts and dephaser. New TRE's, ball joints, 4 new tyres, discs and pads etc etc. Getting painted all over apart from the roof, fit these Recaro seats, New Cup shocks, 182 Cup springs and a splitter. Other than that, will be how it left the factory! :D

Only done 49k.

Oh you bugger. Mine has had fresh belts (needs dephaser) new wishbones, cup shocks, cooksport springs, tre's tie rods, engine mounts, all service items, tyres, brakes (ds2500 upfront) super blue fluid, ph1 gearstick, fabia splitter.

But it NEEDS paint. Expensive :(

Only done 49k.

Sounds minty fresh mate, what splitter you going for? (Please say cup/carbon)

will need to see pics once it's done!

Still got the same phone number? Need to sort out this drink/princess meeting/meal with you and a few people ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh you bugger. Mine has had fresh belts (needs dephaser) new wishbones, cup shocks, cooksport springs, tre's tie rods, engine mounts, all service items, tyres, brakes (ds2500 upfront) super blue fluid, ph1 gearstick, fabia splitter.

But it NEEDS paint. Expensive :(

Yeah I recon at best (my mate will be doing it but he doesn't do mates rates...) it will cost me £800 and that's with me stripping the car and putting it back together!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds minty fresh mate, what splitter you going for? (Please say cup/carbon)

will need to see pics once it's done!

Still got the same phone number? Need to sort out this drink/princess meeting/meal with you and a few people ;)

I have mate but it's chaos here. I'm trying to find a job, Jo just had the baby and we're moving house at the end of this month! I really wouldn't worry about it mate! lol

I have mate but it's chaos here. I'm trying to find a job, Jo just had the baby and we're moving house at the end of this month! I really wouldn't worry about it mate! lol

I know mate, and it's going to be hectic for the next few days

I'm not worried spud, I just wanna make sure we organise a day/night/weekend or something before Christmas lol, get DaveDreads and McGherkin and a few others involved including your Jo (I'm sure she would love one night away from the chaos) without letting you down on it :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I know mate, and it's going to be hectic for the next few days

I'm not worried spud, I just wanna make sure we organise a day/night/weekend or something before Christmas lol, get @DaveDreads and @McGherkin and a few others involved including your Jo (I'm sure she would love one night away from the chaos) without letting you down on it :)

I'm in, even if Dan's not. Dave's got his tagging switched off too IIRC so I don't think he'll have been notified.