ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell Or Fix?

BMW 118D Msport.
Right due to the timing jumping i'm thinking about selling the cilo for something non french. So wondering what people think its worth or should i just get it fixed?

About 80,000 miles.
Fairly clean odd mark here and there.
Interior is clean and was professinally valeted about a month ago.
Some service history.
Dyno'd when i first bought it at 166bhp before servicing it or any mods.

Engine Mods:
K-Tec Stealth System - Only done about 200miles.
182 Manifold (heatwrapped) & K-Tec Decat Pipe.
Magnecor 8.5mm Red HT Leads.
Iridium Spark Plugs.
KTR Engine Mount & Gearbox Mount.
Polybush Lower Engine Bushes.
ITG Panel Filter.
Samco Induction Hose.

All fitted within a week of it giving up the ghost.

Brakes Mods:
KTR Front & Rear Updated Discs.
Red Stuff Pads All Round.

Everything else on the car is standard.
Just Been Serviced.. Engine Oil, Gearbox Oil, Plugs, Leads, Belts & Tensioners(but ovo need changed now)

NEVER ABUSED COLD...

th_IMG_0637.jpg

Cheers Guys, Doug. :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah different if you are wanting a change.

Evos and scoobs do nothing for me mate.

I would feel just as fast in a 106gti tbh!

Monaco 172 (02)
Fix it then sell it then!?
The engine went in my 306 GTi-6 and I wish I had just fitted a new engine the second I sold it

Clio 172 Cup!
Ah different if you are wanting a change.

Evos and scoobs do nothing for me mate.

I would feel just as fast in a 106gti tbh!

:lolup::lolup::lolup: You have not driven a scooby then! my Type-Ra was hiting 60 in 4 Sec and a ton in 10 Sec' Lots of Mods 330 Bhp :evil: makes my Clio feel Very Very Slow :( just 15mpg was too much in these hard times! So here I am with a 172 Cup! for a bit till things get better then I am back to Scooby Land :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think you get what I was saying mate.

Lionel Richie
an ex pal with 2 broken legs i hope! and its a cup too!

see why i bang on about using the correct tools and using someone with experience of these cars?

clio trophy No56
If you have just had the belts done adn its slipped then it sound like the garage hasnt fitted them correctly. I would be getting it looked at by someone other than the garage that fitted them to see it they were correct.

This happened to my mates Celica Tsport. The garage he bought it from fitted the new belts just before he bought it, he took it back in and they said it blew due to the way he drove it? He got in contact with his insurance and they asked him to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion on the issue. Both AA and Toyota garage said it had nothing to do with the way he drove it, they both said the engine had been stripped down before and they had not done a good job of putting it back together.
The garage still wouldnt pay out saying it was his fault, after alot of back and fourth between the garage, him and his insurance it got a new engine put in at a cost of £4000, think he paid his excess on the insurance, the insurance company paid £xxx and the garage paid the rest. Still not ideal but he did get his money back also that he had paid in finance whilst the car was off the road for 1yr.

Lionel Richie
scott i hate places like that!

"if you drive a car hard the cambelt will snap", god the s**t people in the motor trade come out with is unbelievable!:mad:

clio trophy No56
Fred,
I think it was off the road for 13 month in total.
In the meantime he still had to pay the finance and court costs etc, he did get some back but not all of it.
Once it was back on the road he swapped it for a rep 4 door cosworth, very nice one, just not as fast, lol. Was still quite quick though.

Clio 172 Cup!
Fix it Doug as you have done a lot of nice mods to it! Gutted for yer m8 :dapprove: Will be worth a lot more running as you know! Had this happen to a Rover 200 Vi years ago I had it fixed sold it and it never missed a beat for the next guy who had it for 4 Years! Sods Law! :approve: