ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious brake problem

Black PH2 172
As title says, When I give it some real boot from standstill or rolling Slowly I go to press the brake pedal and it will not press down! Its that hard I have had to yank the handbrake up and then the brake pedal free's up, Driving round normally tho brakes are fine but I feel the abs is kicking in too early

Just had new rear disc & pads and its been since then, Inside on the o/s/r disc were there are grooves in the centre of the disc they seem to be rubbing on somthing because i can see shiny metal, Turn in left theres a horrible grindin noise!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Get it sent back and fast... that doesn't mean drive it about fast until its fixed

Black PH2 172
Fine, I can do miles and miles and brakes be fine, Its just when you pull away hard from standstil or rolling slowly you cannot press the brake pedal down, Then everytime ive pulled the handbrake up slightly so it bites i press the pedal and its fine, Its like the pedal gets jammed

Golf GTD Mk7
Check the vacume pipe at the back right of the engine. Personally I wouldn't be driving it considering the potential consequence of the condition getting worse.

Black PH2 172
Check the vacume pipe at the back right of the engine. Personally I wouldn't be driving it considering the potential consequence of the condition getting worse.

Cars fine to drive, Its only when you boot it hard from standstill or rolling slowly so obviously im driving normally and going to get it checked out when they are free.
I will check the vac hose tho.

Black PH2 172
Just done a 30-40 mile trip and the brakes didnt miss a beat. Broke hard a few times and it stopped brilliantly - Felt like ABS was kicking in early tho and towards the end the abs and service light came on. Restarted car its gone out - Took it too a long empty road booted it hard from standstill, Again the pedal went hard and I cuddnt press it down

Its as if there is movment in maybe wishbones, Driveshafts possible interfearing with abs ring? Its going to go to Carlton Garage anyway when hes free

GT 86
On a serious note I really would not be using it, if you are unfortunate to have an accident and you KNOW the brakes are defective then that would be classed as dangerous driving by virtue of the dangerous condition your car is in, especially if it was examined by a police forensic vehicle examiner who could prove you must have known they were defective even if you said you didn't know.:nono:

Black PH2 172
Apart from using it on the trip for work comitments else id loose my job, Its been sat parked up until it can be looked at.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Seeing where you are based may be worth getting in touch with carlton garages or (ClarkieV6) on here