ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv/Airbag light - Sorry for another but this is strange!!!

Arctic 182
Sorry for ANOTHER one but this is a weird one guys; Serv/air bag light issue being on.
Had an impact few weeks ago, skidded sideways & drivers wheel hit curb. No airbags went off, but drivers rear seatbelt locked.

Changed seatbelt, swapped airbag ECU with one from another cup (same numbers) with was sold as no crash damage, plus changed drivers side impact sensor. No joy, serv/airbag light still on, but see video. Goes off & then comes on few seconds later. Car drives & feels perfect.
Would there be a rear impact sensor?? Seems strange how it was only the rear seatbelt that locked up, yet the impact was purely on the drivers wheel.
Not had it on proper code reader yet so can't test for faults.
Any ideas please?
Cheers.

Arctic 182
i'd say that pretty much wraps this thread up.

Thank you so much. I mean really, I don't know what I would have done without your reply. I mean in this day & age everyone has a code reader don't they, or even has the money to just go out & get it done.
Why would I even think of posting it on a forum first? Why would I post it somewhere where people may have had the same issue, & might be able to offer help & advice without having to spend money or equipment I don't have right now. Silly me.

dan's cast offs.
ok then...there is something wrong with one or more of the items on the airbag circuit.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
what the above poster says is kinda true...... i had a big airbag issue and once all sorted out, a regular code reader could not clear the codes. put simply, i believe you need clip or other similar renault code reader.

dan's cast offs.
funny how the op wasn't as gobby on facebook when dan said pretty much the same thing:wink:

i honestly don't know what people expect sometimes.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Bunch of girls.

The airbag ecu may be configured for different set ups. I have seen clios with seatbelts which have rear pretensioners so the airbag ecu may be configured for that. Have you replaced the side impact sensor which is located in the trim panel next to the drivers seat?

If you want to come down to maidstone one day I'm happy to plug it into CLIP for you and try to sort this out.

Arctic 182
funny how the op wasn't as gobby on facebook when dan said pretty much the same thing:wink:

i honestly don't know what people expect sometimes.

Yeah funny that wasn't it "bloke".
I got a DECENT response from Dan, & he answered me like a human being instead of a f**king sarcastic c**t like you did. Being all dickish about it "close thread".

I expect to be treated with the same respect & decency I would treat others with, on a subject they know nothing about.
Prick.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Bunch of girls.

The airbag ecu may be configured for different set ups. I have seen clios with seatbelts which have rear pretensioners so the airbag ecu may be configured for that. Have you replaced the side impact sensor which is located in the trim panel next to the drivers seat?

If you want to come down to maidstone one day I'm happy to plug it into CLIP for you and try to sort this out.

@Mendizmo , speak of the devil and he will appear!
Like I said last night, ask Graham really nicely ;)