ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and traction control light keep coming on !!!

RB clio 182
The car drives fine, but these lights keep coming on !!!

I've adjusted the brake light switch which is now perfect but this hasn't fixed the issue....

What else could it be ????

megane 285 sport
nothing to do with the plug under your seat, more likly to be sensor that detect the loss of traction maybe

172/1.2/E30
Most likely the brake pedal switch needing adjustment. Plug under seat is not related to the TC system.

BG Clio 182 FF
182tev did you manage to resolve this issue? As i am also having the same problem ! Been told that it is a steering angle sensor fault?

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I once before had my TC light on. Serv light on. And abs. A new abs sensor sorted that. Available at motor factors for iirc 60ish quid.

BG Clio 182 FF
Thanks ! Although I don't have an ABS light coming on, and if I start the engine no lights come on.. until I touch the steering wheel, soon as it moves slightly the TC and SERV lights come on until ignition turned off again.. Got it booked in with the two techs guys next week though, hopefully be sorted without too much expense ! (Fingers crossed!)

clio sport 172
i have same problem with esp and service light,the abs kicks in sometimes causing the wheels to lock! replaced the brake sensor switch which did not do anything.had it hooked up to the renault computer whilst driving and my mate thinks its something to do with the hairpin sensor.gonna try getting that sorted,had nothing but problems with my 172 sport but still fun to drive!

FF Racing Blue 182
ive just started to get this problem abs traction control and serv light pain in the ass does this mean they wont work

is the abs sensor the answer

RB clio 182
Try and get your car read for fault codes.

I had mine done and it came back as the brake pedal switch.

Simple fix can be to adjust the piston thing in the brake pedal switch ( theres a guide on how to do this on here).

But unfortunately for me, that didnt fix it.

I had to buy a new brake pedal switch which was about 20 quid.

Astra (H) VXR
ive just started to get this problem abs traction control and serv light pain in the ass does this mean they wont work

is the abs sensor the answer

Yes... I have the same lights on mine... Means the traction control and abs do not work until the sensor it fixed..

BG Clio 182 FF
You got a standard S/ wheel?
Yes mate, it's got H&R coilovers that were on when I bought it, been told it could be something with the tracking/alignment may not have been done correctly when fitted? Or I'm guessing previous owner may have had aftermarket wheel on before and knocked the sensor out of line when refitting the standard one? Either way no-one seems to have a straight answer ! My appointment was cancelled due to sickness so will have to wait another two weeks ! Luckily it only effects traction control..

clio 172
i have the same problem, my serv and abs light just comes on randomly , tried shaking the wires underneath the driver seat but doesnt do anything lol

RB Lutecia
If i could earn a penny for everytime i see this or something similar to this fault of 'my serv light and abs light with my esp not working aswell' i swear id be rich ! My story is that one day i was driving down the bypass as you would and after one of the round-abouts i got a bit giddy and thought id get to a tonne as quick as i could anyway when i got to about 80 all 3 lights came on and my abs was kicking in aswell as my throttle on full whilst i was on the brake ! So it was safe to say there was a massive fault and i was glad there was still a lot of road to go but when i got home and put the car on the ramp i noticed my abs ring was split so obviously that would indicate all three to be inactive. So i replaced the abs ring to find the car was then fine . . for a day, and it came back on again with all the lights and it was my other side ! so i changed the other side annoyingly and then got a mac reader to get rid of the codes that were stored and its never bothered me again, so try that ! :)