ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERVICE TODAY

Golf 1.4 TSI

just had a phone call from renault, brake pads 70% worn at the front and they wasnt £200 to change them. Not a chance i feel, any suggestions on some new pads.

Also had a problem with the cv boot leaking, whatever that is and the handbrake beiing loose. Anyone got any ideas about the cv boot thing leaking, havent got a clue what thats about. Should be fixed under warrenty but would like to know what they are going on about

Mk2 172

If the pads are 70% worn, then they dont need changing. Because my toothpaste tube is 70% empty, I dont rush out and buy another one. Wait a little longer. You can get them cheaper, and the job isnt difficult.

CV boot probably isnt under waranty, as it is a consumable. it is a rubbr casing that covers the universal joint that delivers power at the wheel.

Handbrake being loose? do you have to pull it up really far?

Golf 1.4 TSI

They have told me that the cv boot will be fixed under warranty, so they wont even dare on going back on their word now. Getting some brake pads from Kwick fit, £60 for front and they come with lifetime warranty, so wont need to worry about paying for them again