ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock absorber burst again !!

Black 172
I cant believe this is the second time that my shocker has burst. I am not sure if i need to uprate them as i go over alot of speed bumps etc ?? i am not really sure. They have only been on the car about 12 months ! . Its banging now and really needs replacing, oil all over the shocker. What do you suggest to replace them with ? The ones i have on mine are off a 182

Jag Mondeo -Type
I cant believe this is the second time that my shocker has burst. I am not sure if i need to uprate them as i go over alot of speed bumps etc ?? i am not really sure. They have only been on the car about 12 months ! . Its banging now and really needs replacing, oil all over the shocker. What do you suggest to replace them with ? The ones i have on mine are off a 182

So you replaced them with second hand shockers?

Common fault though (rears) so some new renault ones, probably best option, unless you have lots of money for spring / shock setup or coilovers

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
The original seem to have a poor repution from what I have read on here. I was gonna put them on mine but instead I fitted uprated Koni's. The full set came with lowered springs for £385 del.

Black 172
I dont want any special set up as i have a horse and travelling to the stables and down dodgy tracks will be a nightmare if its really stiff. Its bad enough as it is, i didnt know if there was a replacement shocker that anyone could recommend that would be better? or shall i just get some from Renault?

172 cup'd extreme
koni reds or "specials" are uprated "OEM" shocks they are designed to replace original dampers and increase performance. The reason why i also suggested them was because they carry a 3 year warranty.
The yellows are for cars that a lowered and fit into their "sports" range most of those are adjustable for rebound and compresion damping whilst the reds are not.
they are £53 each in my catalogue, you can also buy uprated OEM dampers from bilstein also.

H22A7 Accord Type R
yea i can vouch for the roads up to the farm!! seriously big speed bumps, the clio feels rock solid going up there. Who's the best for good prices these days then guys? i'm well out the scene with French stuff.

the other thing to bear in mind is that should there be some nice yellow / red Koni shockers on the car, should an assessor examine it, he will pick up on them, and so they will need to be declared on the insurance? I know its a direct replacement part, but we all know what insurers are like, especially ME!

Oh and John..... sit on it! lol

Black 172
Yeah would ideally be looking to buy a set this week. Umm dont know what to do then, might have to go for the Koni red ones

www.renparts.co.uk
the 182 ones are the ones that seem to burst the most... so you should have probably got the 172 ones... (assuming theyre different that is)

H22A7 Accord Type R
lmao @ Jon!!!

gonna have a look on some sites now Vicky.......Koni seems overkill to me though. Plus if you get a good price on new OEM ones, they will have 12 months warranty at least! (and saves you having to buy all 4)