ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should my 172 have a....

M235i / 172
outside temp reading on the display underneath the time?

Its on a 51 plate. But my Y reg meggy had one, and my mums 54 clio has one.

A

andyjm28

should do, my mates got a 172 and it works...
likewise on my clio.
but then again, electrics play up all the time in these cars I find lol

M235i / 172
Hmmmmm, theres nothing on the display at all, not even a sign that its not working right, like a small bit still lighting up. Its annoying me.

Any ideas anyone?

M235i / 172
Do you have the temp sensor under the pass side mirror ?

Yeh mate, the little nipple thingey. Ive ran my finger lightly over the display and you can see there the temp should be displaced but still.. nothing. Don't really know where to start looking.

Yeh mate, the little nipple thingey. Ive ran my finger lightly over the display and you can see there the temp should be displaced but still.. nothing. Don't really know where to start looking.
Probs the display bit or bulb tbh. I'm not fully sure, sorry.

The nipple thing is the sensor & the temp is read from that.

M235i / 172
mine has one but do you have an aftermarket hu? As sometimes they can cancel the display

No mate, still standard one.

Probs the display bit or bulb tbh. I'm not fully sure, sorry.

The nipple thing is the sensor & the temp is read from that.

They're an LCD type display are'nt they so do they work off of bulbs? :S
Reckon ill try and get the display out and have a look, hopefully just a loose connection!
Any guides on how to take the dash apart?

mk4 golf gttdi180
Hmmmmm, theres nothing on the display at all, not even a sign that its not working right, like a small bit still lighting up. Its annoying me.

Any ideas anyone?
all clios with up head display have a temp sensor there but they are tempremental ,myne never worked when i got the car but when you slammed the passenger door sometimes it would come on ,its the sensor itself in the mirror ,order up a new one see how that goes or get a working secondhand one .i beleive there pricey

the dash comes apart easy mate , theres torqs under the dash strips and when doors are open theres 2 screws at the side plastic clips sort of but srewc then where the vents are theres 3 torqs there then it slides forward .easy to do .