ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigh, punctured tyre :(

Just thought i would share this with you....

Pulled up outside of my house tonight, drove up onto the kerb as always - hopped out the car to be greeted with... "hisssssssssss".

Couldn't see no nails/feel any air - just heard the hisss :(

Sigh :mad:

Thanks

White clique
ahhh balls, gutted.

I've only had 1 puncture before, a slow one but i only realised i had it when i went around a corner and the back end got all wobbly! A funny time was when me and my mate knicked his mums big Renault estate and we got a puncture, we were about 18 and it was stranded and we couldnt get the wheel off! He had to ring her and 'fess up.

You may be lucky and be able to plug the hole for about £15.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My garage, main steelers will do a 25 point check and punture repairs all for free, fuk nose why,pisses me off. lol

RenaultSport Clio 172
Errr, perhaps because then they can tell you your car is broken and will cost X amount and let you know you need a new tyre because they can't fix it. ££££££:eek:

Yeah when I got a puncture kwikfit said they couldn't repair it and I had to get a whole new tyre. Not the funnest way to spend a £100.

I drove over a nail and the spare wheel was meant for the other side of the car, it got me to the garage though.

320d
Only happened to me once, nail in the tyre, major repair.

Some pikeys did once let 3 of my tyres down though, thought that they where slashed at first, luckily was just stones in the dustcaps.

Went to the garage this morning, looked like it was a nail or somthing he was trying to point out to me.

Anyway, i said i'll just have a new tyre - and he replied saying theres not much point as there it lots of tread left and he can repair it.

Top job, happy with that - even if it only lasts a few more months.

All for the cost of £10 aswell.

Megane 230 F1
Repair or replace - I'm bumping the thread as I heard the dreaded hissing when I got to the gym this morning.. quick check of the tread reveals a screw embedded in it.

So - do people recommend a puncture repair or just get a new set of tyres.. they are the Toyo T1-R's.

Cheers..Jim.

Artic Blue 182 FF
Repair or replace - I'm bumping the thread as I heard the dreaded hissing when I got to the gym this morning.. quick check of the tread reveals a screw embedded in it.

So - do people recommend a puncture repair or just get a new set of tyres.. they are the Toyo T1-R's.

Cheers..Jim.

Oh no! not the new toyos! :dapprove:

Megane 230 F1
Oh no! not the new toyos! :dapprove:

Don't worry - it was a rear.. the new ones still look.. new.

Btw - I'm def going to have to change this suspension later in the year. As much as I like going round corners fast and flat, Reading roads are not doing the car or me any good.