ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 172 FG03 **Y and a Trophy

clio trophy 182
Yikes, finally been spotted in my Trophy :D

Only had it for a year now !!!

Wave or flash next time you see me....

See a chap in a RB quite often as I drive into Cowes in the mornings
always give him a nod...

Chris

Saxo VTR, RB Clio 182 Cup

always give him a nod...

Chris

Is he the one without the stripes?? I am sure I have seen a 182 in RB but without them ..

I know there is a girl in Cowes with a RB 182 too ;)

The car is lookin very very nice .... ;)

clio trophy 182
Yeah, thats the one..

The guy who part owns the hair dressers in Cowes (Red jet area). His partner has the RB cup that must be the girl your on about ?

The Trophy ?? if so thanks, try and keep it clean and polished all the time (very sad):eek: as red is the worst colour to stop fading...:(

Have to say the RB is a very cool colour, stands out very well, though I didn't see you in Newport....:eek:

Yeah, thats the one..

The guy who part owns the hair dressers in Cowes (Red jet area). His partner has the RB cup that must be the girl your on about ?

The Trophy ?? if so thanks, try and keep it clean and polished all the time (very sad):eek: as red is the worst colour to stop fading...:(

Have to say the RB is a very cool colour, stands out very well, though I didn't see you in Newport....:eek:

I was coming from Newport around to head to Ryde around Coppins and you were in the Town Centre lane about to come onto coppins from Cowes area ...

Yer she must be so they both have RB 182's one with stripes and one without ... LOL

The trophy looked well clean ... you can always come clean mine ... I just haven't got the get up and go to do it LOL

clio trophy 182
I was coming from Newport around to head to Ryde around Coppins and you were in the Town Centre lane about to come onto coppins from Cowes area ...

Yer she must be so they both have RB 182's one with stripes and one without ... LOL

The trophy looked well clean ... you can always come clean mine ... I just haven't got the get up and go to do it LOL

Ah yes I was queue jumping (going off to Sandown);).
Na he's got some red audi TT tuned to the hilt, got banned from driving (racing a scooby up the dual) Police caught him as he came back down apparently.

Cheers.... I'm very very expensive LOL :D
Could always go on the industrial estate (Newport), there some place (opposite the post office) for a fiver they do a good job. Taken mine there a couple of times if I'm feeling rather lazy !!

Ah yes I was queue jumping (going off to Sandown);).
Na he's got some red audi TT tuned to the hilt, got banned from driving (racing a scooby up the dual) Police caught him as he came back down apparently.

Cheers.... I'm very very expensive LOL :D
Could always go on the industrial estate (Newport), there some place (opposite the post office) for a fiver they do a good job. Taken mine there a couple of times if I'm feeling rather lazy !!

Expensive eh ;) :(

What a tit I remember reading about that in the paper actually ... unmarked cop car too weren't it??

I saw that place the other day actually ... car is in and out of garage at moment getting some bits done to it and now I have a massive crack across the screen which is being replaced Monday I am back in the VTR :( so will have a look once I get the Cup back

clio trophy 182
:D
Though it would be nice to get some pics of a RB (polished) and Trophy together..
Banned for a year me thinks....yeah probably ??

Get your windscreen all sorted ?? What bits have you needed to get done ??

The list is endless my dear ...

Exhaust mounts, heat shield, power steering pipe, track rod end, leak in the boot, brakes on front (pads and discs).

Then the windscreen got a stone chip!

All sorted now bar the power steering pipe which goes in Tuesday! Then a wash, wax, polish then pictures it is ..... ;)

clio trophy 182
The list is endless my dear ...

Exhaust mounts, heat shield, power steering pipe, track rod end, leak in the boot, brakes on front (pads and discs).

Then the windscreen got a stone chip!

All sorted now bar the power steering pipe which goes in Tuesday! Then a wash, wax, polish then pictures it is ..... ;)

Yikes, thats crap loads to do :eek:. Wheres that getting done / got done.

Taking mine to Harwoods on Wednesday for rear pads, brake fluid and coolant change, also getting them to do a oil change too. Think I'll be sticking that little lot on my debt card:dapprove:. Brought some DS2500 front pad set, though I'll need to do them myself as there some filing to do etc.

So this wash, wax and polish gonna get done by Ms or Mr ch33kychops ;)

Yikes, thats crap loads to do :eek:. Wheres that getting done / got done.

Taking mine to Harwoods on Wednesday for rear pads, brake fluid and coolant change, also getting them to do a oil change too. Think I'll be sticking that little lot on my debt card:dapprove:. Brought some DS2500 front pad set, though I'll need to do them myself as there some filing to do etc.

So this wash, wax and polish gonna get done by Ms or Mr ch33kychops ;)

After the floods through Brighstone the car is in dire need of a clean really! It is so dirty now!

Ohhh I clean my own cars ;) So Ms Ch33kychops! No man runs around after me apart from the mechanic!! LOL

The car went into Mark Colburn up at Carisbrooke ... he is quite good to me as he knows my dad ... it is still needing to go back Tuesday for the power steering pipe as Renault kept sending the wrong one out! :(
Hopefully the one I have in the car now will be the correct one!!

Since having the car in August I have spent about £600 on it! :(

All cost £££ and lots of it!!

350Z GT

always give him a nod...

Chris

Have seen you out and about a couple of times I think!
Also seen it parked up several in East Cowes if it's the 1 i'm thinking of.
I drive a boring Megane so no-one spots me! :cool:

clio trophy 182
After the floods through Brighstone the car is in dire need of a clean really! It is so dirty now!

Ohhh I clean my own cars ;) So Ms Ch33kychops! No man runs around after me apart from the mechanic!! LOL

The car went into Mark Colburn up at Carisbrooke ... he is quite good to me as he knows my dad ... it is still needing to go back Tuesday for the power steering pipe as Renault kept sending the wrong one out! :(
Hopefully the one I have in the car now will be the correct one!!

Since having the car in August I have spent about £600 on it! :(

All cost £££ and lots of it!!

Went out to Ventnor yesterday, great drive through the under cliff, but the car got very dirty indeed....still sorted that out today though;)

Liking it :)

Always nice to know someone you trust with your car, fingers crossed for you, you've got the right part.

Yeah know how you feel, I've spent loads since having mine. All worth it though as they are cool cars for sure.. got a track day in December then I have to get some new tyres :dapprove:

clio trophy 182
Have seen you out and about a couple of times I think!
Also seen it parked up several in East Cowes if it's the 1 i'm thinking of.
I drive a boring Megane so no-one spots me! :cool:

Hello.....

Yep I live in Monkey town ;)

Its not a yellow one is it ?? with MASSIVE Renault windscreen sticker on the front ??

350Z GT
Thought i'd seen you!
And nope isn't the yellow 1 although have seen that around.
Mine's silver completely standard, looking to change in March though to something quicker :evil:

182??? ;)

I sooooo need to clean mine .... its time thou!!! :( (any excuse!! LOL

Car goes in tomorrow for the power steering pipe ... then I am off work Weds so will give it a clean before heading up to the Midlands Sat for a Saxo Meet ... (with the clio ;) )

clio trophy 182
182??? ;)

I sooooo need to clean mine .... its time thou!!! :( (any excuse!! LOL

Car goes in tomorrow for the power steering pipe ... then I am off work Weds so will give it a clean before heading up to the Midlands Sat for a Saxo Meet ... (with the clio ;) )

Of course:cool:

You can do it, these are tiny cars:rolleyes: shouldn't take long, are you one of those women that trash the inside of their cars ?? ie mags, bottles wrappers, crumbs everywhere? ;)

Good stuff. bet you can't wait to get it all sorted......

Its a saxo meet isn't it???? you'll get cabbages and tomato's chucked at your washed and polished RB :rasp:

Just had Harwoods phone up, making sure I don't forget the appointment on Wednesday.
Getting them to check the tracking too etc etc... have a horrible feeling this lot is gonna cost 400+ quid:dapprove:

Of course:cool:

You can do it, these are tiny cars:rolleyes: shouldn't take long, are you one of those women that trash the inside of their cars ?? ie mags, bottles wrappers, crumbs everywhere? ;)

Good stuff. bet you can't wait to get it all sorted......

Its a saxo meet isn't it???? you'll get cabbages and tomato's chucked at your washed and polished RB :rasp:

Just had Harwoods phone up, making sure I don't forget the appointment on Wednesday.
Getting them to check the tracking too etc etc... have a horrible feeling this lot is gonna cost 400+ quid:dapprove:

Ouchies!! Best to get it sorted now though!!!
Yer but lots of old friends etc and all grown up from the Saxo now so mixed bag of cars ... mine the cleanest (is that a word) of course! ;)

Inside my car is nothing ... bit a dirt on the floor ... no magazines ... only thing I have got in the back is a packet of 12 waters for when I go spinning etc ... saves me buying from them! Do I past the test??? ;)

Just wanna get it in garage now and sorted then deal with the bill asap! Get it out the way!! Hate knowing I owe money! He hasn;t billed me for the first lot of work yet!! EEK!

What you having done Wednesday apart from tracking again???

clio trophy 182
That will be a cool day out then !!

Ha ha yeah sure do :approve:

Holy sh......could be a bigg-un then, fingers crossed you'll get a good deal ??

The 4 year thing, coolant, brake fluid (which is late) needs rear pads.(want to keep the service book up to date and stamped, hopefully help if I ever sell)

As I'm going on a track day in December, getting them to do an oil change, which is the same price for bronze service....:S. Then I thought I'd get them to check the geometry of the car too...what have I done...yikes;).

That will be a cool day out then !!

Ha ha yeah sure do :approve:

Holy sh......could be a bigg-un then, fingers crossed you'll get a good deal ??

The 4 year thing, coolant, brake fluid (which is late) needs rear pads.(want to keep the service book up to date and stamped, hopefully help if I ever sell)

As I'm going on a track day in December, getting them to do an oil change, which is the same price for bronze service....:S. Then I thought I'd get them to check the geometry of the car too...what have I done...yikes;).

What have we both let ourselves in for more like .... LOL

He was quite good .. his first quote for brakes at front, track rod end, heat shield removal and exhaust mounts and power steering pipe was £120 labour ... which I thought was quite good ... but where he did all that and now has to do the power steering pipe I hope he is kind to me and doesn;t go to above the original quote for having to go back under car etc.... if any of that makes sense!??! ;) having a blonde moment!!

Think you will ever sell?? Its like the only one on the Island??

We shall have to see if the pipe is the correct one or I will be swearing a lot at Renault!

Hope things go ok for you Wednesday and we both walk away happier and not so light in the pockets!!!!

clio trophy 182
;) were mugs ....they are worth really cool and funky. though they are french:eek:

Ha ha, know what you mean, fingers crossed for you.

Knowing me I'll keep it for a while, tend to hold on to my cars :boring:
Surprised its still the only one on the island...though the best colour is yours. Only got the Trophy because it was limited edition and the handling etc.

I'm sure it will be fine. if not I'm sure I'll hear screams..

Yeah thanks, Harwoods are good, but bl**dy expensive....though they only deal with OEM parts, took to them a ball joint, they wouldn't do it as Ren only supply the lower wishbone and ball joint as one piece, even though its a bolted on item. Did it myself in the end cost me 8 notes as apposed to 114 I think..........

DITTO:approve:

Well I am not impressed!!!!!!!

Car went to garage today ... knowing hom important it is to get that part fitted to see if its the correct one ... rang them at 3.40pm and he said it wouldn't be started until tomorrow!! GRRRR

Tomorrow seems like dooms day for us both chica ... heck!!!

I love the trophys but wanted what I thought was an unknown car on the Island until the week I put deposit down I saw 3!!!! LOL

Love the liquid yellow ones ..... :)

I hold on to cars too hence still owning the saxo!!! ;)

clio trophy 182
That sucks.......feel for you....:mad:

Think positive, what ever happens it will get sorted.....

Fingers crossed mine will be ok (just a dent in my card :(), they are giving me a hire car...twingo 1.2 I expect ( no laughing please), which reminds me need to find my driving licence doh!

Sods law, though you got a cup thought there was only 2 on the island ?
They only ever made 58 in that colour for the uk !! mega rare.

Well I did still have my Integrale (in my mates place for 3yrs). Still run around in a grey corolla gti 16 ( how that loves to rev to 8000rpm) sounds sooooo much better than the Renault engines:approve:

Will let you know how the T gets on tomorrow...yikes. I know there gonna bubble about my front tyres;)

Oooooo how did you get on ... ????

Thought of you and your T today ... especially when I relaised you would be out of pocket long before me as the mechanic still hasn't started mine!!!!! Called at 3pm and its still waiting to go in ... grrrr!!!!

So still kicking about in the VTR which is in dire need of some beam bearings .... which could lead to a new beam if the swing arms seize ... only had them done in July and had to have new beam due to seized swing arms ...

Don;t have a lot of luck with cars .... might buy a push bike! LOL

clio trophy 182
Well I thought all is well and good...............

Until I started reading what oil they have put in the car !! motrio 10w40 which looking at the spec is some semi synthetic cheap crap...£22.50 for 5 ltrs

Last time they used ELF 5w40 fully synthetic 60 for 6 ltrs etc.

I shall be phoning them tomorrow and see what they say.....me NOT HAPPY !!

Only £255 notes out of pocket....rear pads ok fronts 75% worn. Lucky for me I was filing the DS2500 pads ready for installation yesterday evening (have OEM ones to compare with)

Tracking was out slightly too.... tyres are down to 2mm on the front (should last a trackday )

What a pain, whats wrong with the pipes? are they corroded / split or something??

July and they need doing again ?? surely you can get that done under warranty ??

Funnly enough I ride to work most days ;0)) ( if the weather is good )

Well I thought all is well and good...............

Until I started reading what oil they have put in the car !! motrio 10w40 which looking at the spec is some semi synthetic cheap crap...£22.50 for 5 ltrs

Last time they used ELF 5w40 fully synthetic 60 for 6 ltrs etc.

I shall be phoning them tomorrow and see what they say.....me NOT HAPPY !!

Only £255 notes out of pocket....rear pads ok fronts 75% worn. Lucky for me I was filing the DS2500 pads ready for installation yesterday evening (have OEM ones to compare with)

Tracking was out slightly too.... tyres are down to 2mm on the front (should last a trackday )

What a pain, whats wrong with the pipes? are they corroded / split or something??

July and they need doing again ?? surely you can get that done under warranty ??

Funnly enough I ride to work most days ;0)) ( if the weather is good )

Oh no ... :( Bet you are p!ssed right off!!!!!

The saxo is 7 years old ... bearings had gone so went to get replaced at a dodgy mechanic (who I would never recommend) and the swing arms had seized so had to buy a 2nd hand beam which I told said mechanic to change bearings of before putting on the Saxo he never did so now I am having to find the £££ for this to be done and no guarantees the swing arms are not seized on this one!! :(

Took Clio into mechanic (different one) for him to give it once over about a month ago and he said the power steering pipe has worn on something and is leaking fluid .. so got renault to get part for me .. they got it wrong 3 times ... now just waiting to see if its the correct one as he is beginning work on the car tomorrow (lets see if he does) ... then comes the labour bill! EEK!!

Let me know how it goes with the garage ... be interesting to see what they say!??

clio trophy 182
Well I'm gonna see what they say first, and try and be calm....
I know (now) the Renault have approved this Motio (cheap) oil etc..

But c'mon thats just taking the biscuit is'nt it ??

Sounds like a right old hassle with the arms !!

Fingers crossed you've got the right pipes then !

Yep will let you know :(

On a brighter note took the car out filled it with some 99 at Tesco's.
The tracking seems to have made a difference, old tommy is on rails again!!. Though my front brakes were complaining. Next job (new pads)and soon me thinks :D

I am just sat here waiting for the call to say its the wrong pipe .... :(

Gonna head off for a run in a bit and try and get on with things ... I am also fretting about this damn bill .... :(

Oh well it'll come right in the end!!! I hope!!

Glad the T is going well .... ;)

clio trophy 182
Fingers crossed for you, you don't get that call......

Take your mind off things eh !! best way.:approve:

Slowly realising these cars aren't cheap to run, though doing a service yourself would be the thing to do, but it doesn't get stamped. Can be a pain if / when selling.

wellish !!;)

So phoned up Harwoods and said about the oil grade etc etc.
They got back to me...we'll come and collect the car, new oil and filter for free and drop it off. Apparenlty the bronze service is a cheap oil change, hence the 10w40 grade oil. They contacted Renault etc and said yeah it should have the 5w40 fully sinthetic in it. I'm happy now, so shouldn't happen to me or anyone else next time.
I think thats good service really, as they could of fobbed me off etc. TBH todays cheap oils are pretty good, and the car would of been fine (maybe? ):D

I am still waiting ...... rang the mechanic yesterday at 2pm and the car still hadn't gone in by now it was 3 days in the garage waiting!!!

Called this morning and its all done pipe is correct, was rubbing on the heat shield mount so he has removed somemore heat shield .... and I have to call back AGAIN at 12 to get the price!! :(

Having a god awful time with the car ... might as well sell it LOL

Glad Harwoods sorted you out .... thats pretty good customer service eh??They could have told you to do one ... bet you're happy!

So did they collect the car yesterday or arranging to do so next week???

Si

RS Clio 172
Longest spotted thread ever. Lol.

I've passed you in your trophy a few times mate :) will flash next time.

The stripeless RB in cowes is Ross. He's a member on here. The silver 172 might be Joe... He's not a member I dint think. He's out in it all the time!

I know ... just realised we can talk utter s**t LOL well its s**t regarding my car!! ;)

Alright Si ... :)

Si

RS Clio 172
Hi :D

Chris - do you know Will Thomas?

Also... I saw a black ph1 the other day. looked lowered.

Got the car back ...

Jeez the mechanic showed me the state of the pipe ... the bracket from the heat shield had worn into the metal pipe causing the leak ... WTF!!!!

Quite cheap ..

Brake discs and pads on front
Power steering pipe
track rod end
heat shield removal from certain parts
exhaust mounts replaced

Labour only £175

I supplied parts which I got for £200!

:)

Si

RS Clio 172
that rear exhaust mount is the biggest rip off i've ever seen. why renault designed it like that is beyond me.

just been chatting to a mate... car went for it's MOT yesterday. quote my mate... "i saw you rag it out of a garage yesterday" erm... it wasn't me? great. Friendly MOT FTL.

Si

RS Clio 172
and that's a pretty good price :) did you say that was at Renault? they're generally pretty good. I did work experience there years ago. shame i couldnt get my MOT there tbh. they were offering it for £35.

clio trophy 182
I am still waiting ...... rang the mechanic yesterday at 2pm and the car still hadn't gone in by now it was 3 days in the garage waiting!!!

Called this morning and its all done pipe is correct, was rubbing on the heat shield mount so he has removed somemore heat shield .... and I have to call back AGAIN at 12 to get the price!! :(

Having a god awful time with the car ... might as well sell it LOL

Glad Harwoods sorted you out .... thats pretty good customer service eh??They could have told you to do one ... bet you're happy!

So did they collect the car yesterday or arranging to do so next week???
Phoned them up next day and they took and returned it the same day...so all sorted....:cool:

clio trophy 182
Got the car back ...

Jeez the mechanic showed me the state of the pipe ... the bracket from the heat shield had worn into the metal pipe causing the leak ... WTF!!!!

Quite cheap ..

Brake discs and pads on front
Power steering pipe
track rod end
heat shield removal from certain parts
exhaust mounts replaced

Labour only £175

I supplied parts which I got for £200!

:)
Good stuff, bet your glad its all sorted now...nice one:D

clio trophy 182
Hi :D

Chris - do you know Will Thomas?

Also... I saw a black ph1 the other day. looked lowered.

Hi Si,

Yep know Will,

Him and his Dad are going on a track day at brands the same time as me, I think their taking the Porsche (that will be p*ssing past me then);)

Yep give us a flash next time....

Seen a couple of blue 172 cups? about too.

Si

RS Clio 172
Ahhh i remember Will saying ages ago that he knew a guy that's bought a Trophy. This island is too small. lol.

I was gunna come to brands. bit skint at the mo though.

need a towing eye? :p