ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

997.1, Caddy, e208
Yes, my mate designed and codes the drivehub aka he is one half of collective minds.
Fantastic device (and that's not just bias) - will let the wheels work cross platform.

What do you want to know?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yes, my mate designed and codes the drivehub aka he is one half of collective minds.
Fantastic device (and that's not just bias) - will let the wheels work cross platform.

What do you want to know?

Everything! The article I saw didn't even say who it was made by, so knowing that is a start 😂

A recommendation of what handbrakes I can use with it would definitely be useful. Was just looking at the Collective Minds website and it only seems to mention the Thrustmaster CS. Also, in terms of hooking it all up, does the drivehub just plug into the Xbox, and then I connect the wheel and handbrake into that? I assume it's compatible with Xbox Series X too?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I'll check in with him later, and ask re: XSX, as I don't game any more and such have never tested it.
But yes, the hub sits in the middle and has custom drivers to allow correct input controls, so Computer <-> Hub <-> peripherals.

I had a quick search in my email and the Thrustmaster T500 definitely works, as there was a bug and I had to source one for him; as well as a MadCatz one.

1698564722749.png

1698564799067.png

Logitech and Fanatec also have support for sure, although I'll not be 100% on the devices until I speak with him.

The guy is podger, as I'm sure you'll stumble into the forums and see his name - offering support.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thanks. Their info seems a bit contradictory. The website mentions the G923 but the user manual doesn't, so would be nice to have it straight from the horse's mouth about what I can use, especially as I am going to have to import it.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Yeah, I don't think it's supported or updated any more, not really been a topic of our conversations with my health issues recently, but I'll WhatsApp him at a more reasonable time and get back to you.

I don't know if they're working on anything any more, they also done the cronusmax, but I stopped working with them back in 2012 after the xbox 360 EOL - just do the odd favour as above.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Yeah, I don't think it's supported or updated any more, not really been a topic of our conversations with my health issues recently, but I'll WhatsApp him at a more reasonable time and get back to you.

I don't know if they're working on anything any more, they also done the cronusmax, but I stopped working with them back in 2012 after the xbox 360 EOL - just do the odd favour as above.

Would really appreciate it if you could ask him. I really want to add a handbrake, as I hate using a button on the wheel, and it would feel more immersive. This looks to be the only way to do it though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
@mace¬ Any updates on yer Fanatec delivery? I've seen a few posts from people around the UK of them receiving their orders having received zero shipping notifications.

Clio
@mace¬ Any updates on yer Fanatec delivery? I've seen a few posts from people around the UK of them receiving their orders having received zero shipping notifications.
Hmmm, back to same old same old. Pretty much exactly the same as my 29th August order. Went to shipped on the 30th August and then heard nothing.

They recreated my order on the 20th October, 21st October went to Complete Shipped and heard nothing since. They said expect up to 5 days delay for your shipping number. In fairness its only 6 working days today.

It did have the invoice value of £0 on the new order though, not sure if that will affect my import duty when they do send something.

Not going to worry for at least a fortnight anyway as office is coming Wednesday and I expect at least a few weeks before its fully built and electrified.

Not sure if this is any good but until I fully sort out the office and get my rig etc I've bought the below as a stop gap to play with.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That's good news!

I've ordered a drivehub from the US so I can add a handbrake to my Logitech. Big thing that's bugging me right now is that I've just started playing EA Sports WRC and the shifter doesn't work, nor does the feedback through the wheel. They really need to get some patches out, so many issues with it right now across all platforms.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Scrap that, they cancelled my order. @Oggy997 - have they stopped making the drivehub or something? They've cancelled my order twice now and are showing no stock in the UK.

182 FF Inferno
Finished for now. Wirings about as tidy as I can make it.

Probably be Tlcm pedals next. Keep looking at the SF1000 wheel but I keep reading that unless you are sat in an f1 position, it's hard to read the screen. I've got the older ferrari f1 wheel, and I tablet so I'm not really missing out.

IMG_20231109_110834.jpg

Clio
Is that the GT Omega Prime Lite? Think that's what I'm going to go for but its out of stock at the moment.

Also no movement on my UPS package yet. Wouldn't be surprised if Fanatec have just stuck the label to a wall.

Did get super excited yesterday, 3 boxes turned up, nice size, heavy...... turns out it was the paint for the office :(

182 FF Inferno
Is that the GT Omega Prime Lite? Think that's what I'm going to go for but its out of stock at the moment.

Also no movement on my UPS package yet. Wouldn't be surprised if Fanatec have just stuck the label to a wall.

Did get super excited yesterday, 3 boxes turned up, nice size, heavy...... turns out it was the paint for the office :(

Yes, GT Omega Prime Lite. Seems to be about the best value for money at the moment.

Most of the profile rigs are very similar though (Trak racer, Simlab, GT Omega). Some people complain that the pedal plate flexes when running loadcell pedals I'm nowhere near that stage yet. The Prime comes with a modified pedal plate which can be brought separately and fitted to the Prime Lite.

Can definately recommend the Prime Lite, just be aware it's not an easy or quick build! Prob took me best part of 9hrs including adjusting positions etc. You will start of determind not scratch it but, by the end those thoughts are long gone!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'm going to go for the GT Omega Titan. 90% of the strength of the Prime range but a simple two hour build. I can't see me ever needing any more than what it offers.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Boss bought this yesterday.

View attachment 1666547

That looks familiar... :ROFLMAO:

It was up for more at one point and I was about to pull the trigger on buying it (probably about 18 months ago now) but he wouldn't budge over 500 quid extra that he wanted. He ended up selling it for less than I offered but hey-ho, such is life! Nice guy actually who I see at various car meets through the year.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve yet to actually use it, but impressed with the GT Omega Titan so far. Easy to build, comfortable seat.

OK the other components are a bit “my first sim rig” but I am just using what I had lying around. Must have had the Logitech for five or six years now and never used the thing 😂 A monitor upgrade is definitely first on the list, but for now I just want to try it out.

IMG_2416.jpeg

Clio
What seat did you go for?

Looking at the GT Omega prime lite and it looks like stock is low and delivery is 7th Dec now. Not pulling the trigger though until Fanatec sort their game.

I've actually given up checking my order now. Bored of it, Last time I looked it was still sat at Label Created on the 3rd Nov and still done F All with it. Can't even be bothered to contact their customer services.

Clio
Actually f**k it, I've just raised a strongly worded customer support email where I used the word disappointed. That'll surely get them moving.

So lets see what happens first.... package arrives or they get back to me.

29th August was the original order date. Today funnily enough is the 80th day. They could have sent my package around the world in that time according to Phileas Fogg.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
Actually f**k it, I've just raised a strongly worded customer support email where I used the word disappointed. That'll surely get them moving.

So lets see what happens first.... package arrives or they get back to me.

29th August was the original order date. Today funnily enough is the 80th day. They could have sent my package around the world in that time according to Phileas Fogg.
They've seriously screwed you there as I ordered my Fanatec Clubsport Shifter on Nov. 2nd and it was delivered on the 14th!

182 FF Inferno
It’s the XL RS, ‘cos I am a chonky boi

I was tempted to go for the xl as I'm a bit on the chunky side, but a lot of reports/ reviews said it was huge and I thought I may be like a child sat it it!

I went for the RS9 but in hindsight, I should've wait until the RS12 was back in stock, paid more and got that. Not that the RS9 is a bad seat, I just don't see 3hr+ comfort in it.

Clio
They've seriously screwed you there as I ordered my Fanatec Clubsport Shifter on Nov. 2nd and it was delivered on the 14th!
lol, kick a man whilst he is down.

From what I've bene reading on their forum orders from November onwards seem to be business as usual. Its madness that they've not prioritised outstanding orders and had a dedicated team to get old orders processed.

How hard could it be to go into their order management system and filter on orders before a certain date and process them.

Might just order again and then send one back when it turns up.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
lol, kick a man whilst he is down.

From what I've bene reading on their forum orders from November onwards seem to be business as usual. Its madness that they've not prioritised outstanding orders and had a dedicated team to get old orders processed.

How hard could it be to go into their order management system and filter on orders before a certain date and process them.

Might just order again and then send one back when it turns up.
I'd just cancel your current one and order again. Knowing how s**t their orders team is, you'll probably end up with the first order showing up for free lol

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I was tempted to go for the xl as I'm a bit on the chunky side, but a lot of reports/ reviews said it was huge and I thought I may be like a child sat it it!

I went for the RS9 but in hindsight, I should've wait until the RS12 was back in stock, paid more and got that. Not that the RS9 is a bad seat, I just don't see 3hr+ comfort in it.

It is very big, the rig is ok for people weighing up to 200kg 😳

I could certainly have a smaller seat and still be perfectly comfortable, but overall I’m perfectly happy with the seat.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’ve yet to actually use it, but impressed with the GT Omega Titan so far. Easy to build, comfortable seat.

OK the other components are a bit “my first sim rig” but I am just using what I had lying around. Must have had the Logitech for five or six years now and never used the thing 😂 A monitor upgrade is definitely first on the list, but for now I just want to try it out.

View attachment 1669352
Get than monitor as close to the back of the wheelbase as possible bud.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Get than monitor as close to the back of the wheelbase as possible bud.

Already have 👍

It’s great, I can’t feel any flex although admittedly it’s hardly the most powerful force feedback wheel and it’s a lot of fun to use.

The monitor actually works fine. although I’d like an ultrawide for better immersion I can see me just getting another TV.

A lot of tweaking and learning to do now for sure. It’s amazing how crap I’ve suddenly become, I’ve got years and years of keyboard driving muscle memory to unwind 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Already have 👍

It’s great, I can’t feel any flex although admittedly it’s hardly the most powerful force feedback wheel and it’s a lot of fun to use.

The monitor actually works fine. although I’d like an ultrawide for better immersion I can see me just getting another TV.

A lot of tweaking and learning to do now for sure. It’s amazing how crap I’ve suddenly become, I’ve got years and years of keyboard driving muscle memory to unwind 😂
The thing is, the steering and pedal control becomes much more naturally quicker I find, than with keyboard.

And now that you've got the fixed seating position, you'll end up using it more. The convenience of not having to set anything up and to literally sit down and drive, it so worth it.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I spent some time over the weekend modifying my GT Pro Lite, as the position of the shifter was all wrong. The Logitech stuff is clearly designed to fit on a regular desk, so has a big chunk of plastic hanging down that means you are really limited on how you can mount it. With the Pro Lite, it meant the shifter was almost next to my torso, so it felt really unnatural. I made up a quick bracket to mount it near to the wheel and it feels so much better. I just need to find a Drivehub so I can add a handbrake. I'm tempted to buy an adaptor so I can fit a 350mm wheel too.

Anyway, I was feeling quite pleased with my efforts, right up until the moment I opened up EA Sports WRC and found that the latest patch has stopped my shifter from working. It didn't work when the game first launched, then did work after the first patch, and now they have killed it again :rolleyes:

182 FF Inferno
What seat did you go for?

Looking at the GT Omega prime lite and it looks like stock is low and delivery is 7th Dec now. Not pulling the trigger though until Fanatec sort their game.

To be honest, most of the aluminium rigs are very similar (Trak racer, sim
lab, gt omega) so you wouldn't go wrong with any of them. I went with Gt Omega as it was the best value at the time (I think it still is the cheapest).

The only possible issue going forward with the Prime Lite is the pedal plate is quite thin. This will only be an issue running high force loadcell or hydraulic pedals. If it ever gets that far, the newer pedal plate from the full Prime should fit.

Clio
I have a reply from Fanatec and their customer service is second to none.. As you will see from the response below they are fully on top of order and I can expect it to arrive maybe, sometime in the future if ever.

Dear Peter,
Thanks for reaching out!
I sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping your recent order.

We understand how frustrating this can be, and we take full responsibility for the inconvenience. Rest assured, our team is working diligently to expedite the shipment and we will reach out to you as soon as we have more information available.

We value your trust and are committed to providing a better experience in the future.
Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
Everlie
(Fanatec Sales Order Management Team)

My reading of that indicates they've still got s**t loads of problems and back orders to deal with and have no idea when they will get this sorted. On a positive note they've taken full responsibility. That's nice.

I do wonder if its just a copy and paste job.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I have a reply from Fanatec and their customer service is second to none.. As you will see from the response below they are fully on top of order and I can expect it to arrive maybe, sometime in the future if ever.

My reading of that indicates they've still got s**t loads of problems and back orders to deal with and have no idea when they will get this sorted. On a positive note they've taken full responsibility. That's nice.

I do wonder if its just a copy and paste job.
If other orders are being shipped and sorted can you not just cancel and order again? Or order again and send one back when you get the second? Or f**k them off and buy from a company that can actually ship items or are they the only ones that do this type of toy wheel?

Clio
If other orders are being shipped and sorted can you not just cancel and order again? Or order again and send one back when you get the second? Or f**k them off and buy from a company that can actually ship items or are they the only ones that do this type of toy wheel?
That is the question..... do I risk having another £400 tied up with them and then have to go through all this twice and end up with two lots of nothing.

I got enough going on for now that I'm not 100% worried, and the GT Omega Prime Lite rig looks like its no in stock for a while so I'm going to sit tight for now as I got other stuff I want to get sorted in the office that I can spend cash on.

I'm also interested to see if anything comes of there " proper apology, in the hopes that a gesture of goodwill" will be

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I see that Collective Minds are showing stock of the Drive Hub again. Put an order in, so hopefully it will work this time!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
That is the question..... do I risk having another £400 tied up with them and then have to go through all this twice and end up with two lots of nothing.

I got enough going on for now that I'm not 100% worried, and the GT Omega Prime Lite rig looks like its no in stock for a while so I'm going to sit tight for now as I got other stuff I want to get sorted in the office that I can spend cash on.

I'm also interested to see if anything comes of there " proper apology, in the hopes that a gesture of goodwill" will be
I'd be getting my monies back for sure. They have some decent deals on for Black Friday to.

Leon FR ST
Wee man wanted a steering wheel for his birthday for the xbox, ended up getting him the thrustmaster t128 and a stand to go with it.
It's not of the standard of some of the stuff in here but the wee man is made up with it - need to sort him out with a better seat though 😂
PXL_20231121_183046012.MP.jpg