ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
OK, so with no idea what I was doing I've come up with this.

Good start?
Sack off the £100+ for windows, that can be had for next to nothing.

I’d be looking at 32GB RAM and going up to 2TB for storage. The Crucial P3 Plus range are good value.

You don’t really need the AIO cooler, a decent air cooler would be more than adequate. But that depends on how many flashy lights you want in it.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
although my setup is very simple, i can't really imagine going back to using a pad now.

Been a proper game changer and i can see myself spending more money soon

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Good start?
Why are you buying two of the same drive but different capacities? Just buy one that's bigger. You really don't need separate drives for OS and storage, that was only applicable when people were still using spinning discs for storage and SSDs were really expensive.

Clio
Why are you buying two of the same drive but different capacities? Just buy one that's bigger. You really don't need separate drives for OS and storage, that was only applicable when people were still using spinning discs for storage and SSDs were really expensive.
Old school init. Always keep your apps separate from your OS.

So no performance advantage of having two?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Old school init. Always keep your apps separate from your OS.

So no performance advantage of having two?
Not these days. I'm still using multiple drives that I've carried over from previous builds, but if I was building from scratch I'd just get one high capacity NVME SSD and call it a day.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Good start?

@mace¬ ,

I have a considerably better and beefier PSU (Corsair Plus AXi 860 Platinum, fully modular) that I have sat collecting dust on my shelf. Well, it's in immaculate condition in its original packaging so not collecting dust as such... I'd be willing to do you a good deal on that if you are interested.

20231118_153047.jpg

20231118_153919.jpg

20231118_154419.jpg

20231118_155039.jpg

Cheers. :)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah but surely you'd buy the biggest you could afford, and then buy another when you've run out of space on it. Why waste both slots on tiny drives?
I’ve got 1TB and 2TB drives in mine.

I’m the sort that likes to tinker so it makes sense to keep one drive as storage.

Clio
@mace¬ ,

I have a considerably better and beefier PSU (Corsair Plus AXi 860 Platinum, fully modular) that I have sat collecting dust on my shelf. Well, it's in immaculate condition in its original packaging so not collecting dust as such... I'd be willing to do you a good deal on that if you are interested.

View attachment 1680044
View attachment 1680045
View attachment 1680046
View attachment 1680047

Cheers. :)
Will drop you a PM when I have the resources in place and I decide to pull the trigger.

Top man.

Clio
So its at 181 days now, no response from my last 3 messages to Fanatec customer service. Last email received form them was the 12th January.

UPS have said they are awaiting details from the shipper before they can process my claim.

Not sure whats going on with their forum but whenever I post on my original thread it never appears.

Anyone else see it?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So its at 181 days now, no response from my last 3 messages to Fanatec customer service. Last email received form them was the 12th January.

UPS have said they are awaiting details from the shipper before they can process my claim.

Not sure whats going on with their forum but whenever I post on my original thread it never appears.

Anyone else see it?
I can see your latest post from about 10 minutes ago (y)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's weird for such a big company! I know you get a bit s**t service but that's taking the piss.

Clio
That's weird for such a big company! I know you get a bit s**t service but that's taking the piss.
Have a look through their forum on their website. Terrible.

People just getting orders with random things in boxes or nothing at all.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's mad, I thought they were the dogs balls for that type of set up!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I just looked back over the payment I made in Aug 23.

It was done via PayPal with my debit card.

Don't think there is anything I can do now.
Raise it with PayPal, they might be able to do something. Forget how long you have though

Clio
Raise it with PayPal, they might be able to do something. Forget how long you have though
120 days,

Bank said they'll just raise it with PayPal so should probably try paypal first.

Been on the phones to try and speak to someone at paypal to explain the situation and all I get is some automated prick who tells me to raise a dispute online and then hangs up. I can't raise a dispute as its over 120 days. Anyone know the best way to talk to someone at paypal?

Going to sit down and apply for a job at Fanatec tonight, got some customer service ones and see if I can get an interview. Try that.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
120 days,

Bank said they'll just raise it with PayPal so should probably try paypal first.

Been on the phones to try and speak to someone at paypal to explain the situation and all I get is some automated prick who tells me to raise a dispute online and then hangs up. I can't raise a dispute as its over 120 days. Anyone know the best way to talk to someone at paypal?

Going to sit down and apply for a job at Fanatec tonight, got some customer service ones and see if I can get an interview. Try that.
Just checked my own PayPal as I was sure it was more than 120 days, I can raise a dispute on something 30th of August but not the 25th of August 👎 only has options to contact seller

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
120 days,

And that's where Paypal completely and utterly fails beyond comprehension.

They do not listen. They do not try to help. They do not offer realistic choices.

I would rather deal with Fanatec for another 5 years than to speak to Paypal for the next 5 days. They retained over £30k of my work's funds due to THEIR fcuk-up - and even with documented proof, they simply ignored every correspondence.

After 180 days - we got the money back. But they would do nothing prior to that.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a moment of weakness.
A Moza R9 V2 and ES wheel are on preorder from OCUK. Would have bought direct but they wanted £130 in shipping. I'll keep using the Logitech shifter and (modified with a trubrake) pedals though for now.

Been wanting to go DD forever and was going to go CSL DD but Mace's experiences have put me totally off. I know the Moza has some issues with overheating on long runs (but only some units?) but I'll never get the opportunity to drive that long anyway.

Clio
Let me know how you get on, that is what I'm looking at now.

Keeping the Fanatec pedals and wait for it....... will order the load cell pedal from them if it works out financially a better deal

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
@mace¬

Something to possibly consider? Least it’s in the UK.

Clio
@mace¬

Something to possibly consider? Least it’s in the UK.
Nice one. Watching that now.

That is all I'm after. Comes with a bit of warranty as well, although don't know if that is transferrable.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Nice one. Watching that now.

That is all I'm after. Comes with a bit of warranty as well, although don't know if that is transferrable.

They are fairly local to me too. So if you needed someone to collect it so you can arrange a courier from mine I’d be happy to help.