ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SM inlet (RS2 style) for 182

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks but i think drake has a cup as well tbh stuff like this going wrong puts me off doing more to these cars

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Just got a msg back from Aytug he said he is happy to return the inlet but obviously postage costs are going to be quite high. So i think iam just going to drill the existing one. Not ideal but iam sure it will be fine as i dont want to wait another month for the inlet. This s**t always happens to me so.i dont know why iam suprised i always have to modify everything i buy!

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
At the end of the day its 4 holes i cant be arsed sending it back iam sure if i take my time i can sort it out. I suppose if anyone else buys one now it will be 100%.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Well that is possible! Hopefully that wont happen there is a fair bit of metal to play with.

306 gti6, Clio 182
At the end of the day its 4 holes i cant be arsed sending it back iam sure if i take my time i can sort it out. I suppose if anyone else buys one now it will be 100%.
It's easy mate, to give margin for error I drilled the holes on the tb to 8mm so it's easier to centre up after

The correct coil pack mount should be sent out for mine tomorrow

It has been a bit of a nightmare but the car dose run very well, I haven't really pushed it yet want to see what the fuelling is like on the dyno first
roll on Friday

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
It will be good to see the dyno results and put a positive vibe back on this thread

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
would be nice but i think he wont get any more orders from off here being honest

306 gti6, Clio 182
It is a shame really, he as been very helpfully in trying to sort this out but it shouldn't have happened in the first place to be fair, oh well I'm sure all will be forgotten on Friday (fingers crossed)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
not being negative cant see 20bhp would be nice,but realistic i would think 10,whos remapping them?

306 gti6, Clio 182
My won't be mapped until November when I have 438s fitted, currently on rstuner 98 Ron map seems to be running fine

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
been told not to run these without a proper remap hence my ecu being wiped,as the clio engine is very sensitive to this mod

306 gti6, Clio 182
Yeah I'm still not 100% happy running like this but as long has its not thrashed should be ok
I will be happier on Friday hopefully I'll have the fuelling issues

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Ok drilled mine today worked out ok and throttle body fits fine. I also drilled the throttle body holes bigger to allow me to line the body up to the inlet 100%
20150915_183253-1024x1820.jpg
20150915_183303-1024x1820.jpg

Reactions: Gus

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Fkin hell... I wouldn't be happy drilling bits I have just paid that much for.
Sounds like a proper boj to me lol.
He took the time to machine these to specifically fit a 1*2 and the holes don't line up lol.
I would be on edge every time I drove it thinking something wasn't right.

Fingers crossed nothing goes bang.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi i kicked off about it the seller wanted me to post it to someone who just bought one in portugal,under paypal rules i aint stupid, i have given him the benefit of the doubt and he is sending new part,if when dan sjm sees it if its sh*t i will raise a paypal dispute

Track 172 Cup
He wanted you to send it to Portugal as if you were 'selling it on' type thing? seems a little naughty I would be cautious too could end up getting stuffed for £8-900 quid. postage wouldnt be cheap either, probably cheaper to easy jet and hand deliver it (depending on the outcome, where the sun don't shine lol). I would not be a happy customer if that was mine and I had to drill it out, If anything I wouldn't half mind if it wasn't drilled and just left as a a block for it too be say a multi-fit and you could drill your own holes with out worrying about the other holes. (I understand what I mean reading it out in my head lol)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
my inlet mate he sold 1 to portugal i was going to send mine back for refund to turkey,he wanted me to send it to the next sold person if you get me.

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Its been a f**k up from the start to be fair. And yes its s**t that its drilled wrong but you have to remember this guy has took the time to develop this product for what is a small market for a car thats over 10 years old. He wont have the quality control of a bigger company so things like this happen. It took me half an hour to sort out its not going to blow up its under no pressure its only holding on piece of metal to another with air running throught it. I have bought many other things from bigger so called well know companies thats been utter dogshit quality. This isnt its well made and once its all bolted up you would never know its been redrilled. Buying a new product is always a risk but somebody has to do it....

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
told me his friend made 3 or 4 wrong,he needs a slap as i say giving him the benefit of the doubt, drake who is remapping yours?

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Iam going to take it to rs tuning as its only 10 mins from my house and paul has mapped all my cars. I mentioned the rs2 inlet to him when i was down there a couple of weeks ago he didnt seem too impressed with it but i know he has mapped a few cars with it on. Cant wait for his reaction when i roll up with this on. He told me to go itbs with cams and an ecu, all well and good but thats 2.5k i dont have hence why i went this route.

diesel
I havnt bought one but it's hardly a massive mistake. I'd have welded the 4 holes up and re drilled them myself and said I wanted £50 back hardly a big job.

And drilling the wrong hole centres is an easy mistake to make really. Probably wrote the size down wrong

Give the bloke a chance and see how it performs

Track 172 Cup
Hopefully it turns out good and we may get some more discount if a few members did a group buy. I've been tempted by an RS2 inlet but I'm too tight lol. But it does look a good piece of kit in the pictures

172 Turbo
I mentioned the rs2 inlet to him when i was down there a couple of weeks ago he didnt seem too impressed with it but i know he has mapped a few cars with it on.
I drove one the RS2 cars he mapped, it made 188bhp. Others have got more by adjusting the cam timing