ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small black bits on front bumper ph2 172

2002 Flame Red 172
At first I thought the 2 small black bits iv circled below had maybe been sprayed over at some point and some of the paint had started to flake off showing the black bits again. Well now iv noticed the black bit is actually on top of the paint and its broken revealing the red paint underneath. Are these small black bits plastic? replaceable? My front bumper looks a bit tacky just now. It would clean it up slightly if i could replace them

6926124220_a88fbfe7ef_z.jpg

DSC_0452(1) by thepike1984, on Flickr

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
dont know what theyre there for, but its usually a good way of telling that the bumper has been painted or not.

as for replacing them, why not just get a cheap small sheet of vinyl and cut it yourself and make them?!

im sure you could get them from renault but theyll probs cost £32+VAT knowing renault (thats if you can get them to understand what you're talking about)

2002 Flame Red 172
dont know what theyre there for, but its usually a good way of telling that the bumper has been painted or not.

as for replacing them, why not just get a cheap small sheet of vinyl and cut it yourself and make them?!

im sure you could get them from renault but theyll probs cost £32+VAT knowing renault (thats if you can get them to understand what you're talking about)

Well when i first saw the state of them i thought the bumper had been resprayed and the paint had just chipped off. Good idea on the vinyl thing. Thanks

Yeah its a sign your front bumper has been resprayed, from factory the black stickers go over the paint.

Ive never looked into it but I would guess its cosmetic looks, makes the intake look wider.

Just get some vinyl or 3m di noc carbon off ebay and cut your own stickers out.

2002 Flame Red 172
Yeah its a sign your front bumper has been resprayed.

Im not sure mate. Its a small peice of the plastic vinyl that has broken off. They havnt been painted over.. Would there be paint under the black bit from factory?

Ah right, if its the sticker thats shrunk and split or else... then yeah I would say the stickers are stuck on after the bumper has been sprayed so its not to worry.

I have seen someone selling the stickers that they have made themselves, but its just a template of the sticker cut out on some normal black vinyl, very easy to mock up yourself and stick on, or just take them off entirely.

2002 Flame Red 172
Ah right, if its the sticker thats shrunk and split or else... then yeah I would say the stickers are stuck on after the bumper has been sprayed so its not to worry.

I have seen someone selling the stickers that they have made themselves, but its just a template of the sticker cut out on some normal black vinyl, very easy to mock up yourself and stick on, or just take them off entirely.

Ill order some vinyl and cut a couple out myself. Gives the car a meaner look imo

Thanks

2014 Clio 200t edc
It's a good sign that you still have them on. As has been said get some of n2grafix or some vinyl. Sorted!!