ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small scratch removal...

1.6 focus zetec....
Done a search but its all too confusing lol...

I've got a few small scratches all over the car and want to get rid of them. I haven't got access to a PC so its got to be by hand. Can anyone suggest a product to use??

Cheers

1.6 focus zetec....
Yeah im thinking scratch X after reading a few threads.... Will get my dad to give a hand lol.

Best to apply with the black side of the german applicator pad iirc??

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if there quite deepish and u can feel them with your fingernail then they prob need wetsanding (something that needs practice and can be done but any good detailer may be able to help)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've only used it once on my spoiler on small swirls . Was very impressed , i think using the applicator makes a big difference compared to using scratch X and a terry towel , you can apply a good amount of pressure .

1.6 focus zetec....
Does it need to be worked in like scratch X?

How goods the polish that coems with it??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah , work it like scratch X until there is nothing left . Polish left a high gloss finish . It's well worth the money imo .

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if it is a scratch it wont help a great deal but swirls it will

1.6 focus zetec....
Right think im going to give this ago soem time this weekend. Is it just a case of rubbing it on the scratched area until the product has completely gone??