ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small swirls

Fiesta ST-2
Make this short.

I've SRP/EGP/2x dodo juice wax about a month ago.

I've noticed a few light swirls I wonna have ago at polishing, is this OK? Do I need to re-apply my sealant and wax again after?

Cheers

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Won't do much swirl conquering with that combo if that is what you are asking? SRP is a filler, and by hand is hard work to notice a difference. You want a cutting polish.

Yes after polishing you should re-apply sealant/ wax

ur megane r26
if your doing it by hand might be worth gettin something like scratch x from meguires, wont get rid of them though, will make it a little better, the best thing is rotary

Fiesta ST-2
There not that noticeable so maybe the SRP will fill em in? I plan on claying and doing the whole process again in a 2-3 months so I can try something a little stronger then maybe.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah, TBH mate, I haven't seen a car in the world that doesn't have swirls on it unless it is freshly machined, everytime you wash it their gonna happen so, as long as they aren't bad IMO, just live with them, and have them corrected every now and then if they really bother you.

I'm probably gonna get killed for saying this, but IMO SRP doesn't do much at all in the way of swirls, I have worked an area for about 10 mins before with a microfibre applicator and not seen any noticeable improvement.

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah, TBH mate, I haven't seen a car in the world that doesn't have swirls on it unless it is freshly machined, everytime you wash it their gonna happen so, as long as they aren't bad IMO, just live with them, and have them corrected every now and then if they really bother you.

I'm probably gonna get killed for saying this, but IMO SRP doesn't do much at all in the way of swirls, I have worked an area for about 10 mins before with a microfibre applicator and not seen any noticeable improvement.

Any product recommendations bud? I'm pretty much using the begginers kit lol

srp polish should get out the swrils. i would reaply wax after polish.
wax first then sealent.;)

No it won't and no you don't.

Won't do much swirl conquering with that combo if that is what you are asking? SRP is a filler, and by hand is hard work to notice a difference. You want a cutting polish.

Yes after polishing you should re-apply sealant/ wax

Yes.

Put your flame suit on mate,

Correct.

if your doing it by hand might be worth gettin something like scratch x from meguires, wont get rid of them though, will make it a little better, the best thing is rotary

Correct, Megs SX is a very good product to use for newbies/non machinists.

There not that noticeable so maybe the SRP will fill em in? I plan on claying and doing the whole process again in a 2-3 months so I can try something a little stronger then maybe.

They're. SRP will fill them but will eventually degrade and they will show. Your only way to really get the best out of the paint work is to start from a fresh sheet. This would require machine polishing, circa £100 for a Clio sized car.

I don't what to say other than if you nothing please do not post.

Hai, x

You are correct, except for one thing. My car doesn't have swirls ;)

Any product recommendations bud? I'm pretty much using the begginers kit lol

SRP and EGP are far more superior than most people realise. The reason it is said time and time again is because it works. I still use that combo . . . ish ;)

By hand is hard work, and to de-swirl the whole car, you will have to be pretty committed, Lol. But if you want an improvement, Meguiars Scratch X is good as previously mentioned,

If you have time: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10656

Nerd warning though, Lol

HAI.

Megs SX 2 is now out as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol the guy pm'd me asking what my post was about!