ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smiggy's 182 Build.

CLIO 182
Hey up chaps,

Recently bought my first 182 t'other day and I love it great little car! Real fun to drive! Although strangely finding I'm wanting more from her already!

Only decent pic I've got atm!

b753b4ecdf957f6a8b68e7e2456d89f5_zps4c71f2c1.jpg

Its got a ktec ultrasports exhaust on inc their sport cat, sounds pretty decent. Looking at next matching the intake ports and possibly, induction kit and remap to get her breathing properly next.

cheers guys

Anthony :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Re: Newbie from Yorkshire! Clio 182 Full Phatt

welcome and wouldn't bother with I/k, get a decent panel filter and pop the RS tuner 98ron map on or if your anywhere near Leeds go see Paul@RStuning

Are you out the airport side of Doncaster? Possibly North Lincolnshire, pretty sure I've seen this.

CLIO 182

welcome and wouldn't bother with I/k, get a decent panel filter and pop the RS tuner 98ron map on or if your anywhere near Leeds go see Paul@RStuning

Hi there mate! I'm really close to Leeds! Only in Huddersfield. Even with a decent map are the I/k's really not worth it?

cheers for the help!! ;)

Ant

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

I think the only one people actually rate is the cold air fed ITG maxogen, which is a box with a filter in it and some pipes going to it...........kinda similar to the standard don't you think ;)

so cash is usually better spent elsewhere!

Hi Feirny, I actually am but I bought this from Newcastle on Monday tho when did you see it? :p

Can't have been you then, although good guess. Saw one on Sunday morning.

Did you use to have a C2 VTS and a FAbia vRS?

CLIO 182

I think the only one people actually rate is the cold air fed ITG maxogen, which is a box with a filter in it and some pipes going to it...........kinda similar to the standard don't you think ;)

so cash is usually better spent elsewhere!

yeah I see where your coming from mate! So what else would you recommend I spend my hard earned cash on then!

massive thanks for the heads up and the advice!

Ant :D

CLIO 182

Can't have been you then, although good guess. Saw one on Sunday morning.

Did you use to have a C2 VTS and a FAbia vRS?

No I didn't mate! But small world tho I live like 2 mins away from Robin Hood Airport! What are the chances of you seeing a similar clio in the exact area that I live in the day before I buy one haha! Are these that common?

Well there's one who's on here and it wasn't him, so there's three of you out that way.

I live at the bottom of the runway so look out for a Red Megane.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

I'm on C2 club greg.. but didn't own a fab

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...

I think the plans you have will be fine for modest improvement matey, matched inlets and a remap should see it drive nicely :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

You've not been on in a while have you? Place is dire now.

I logged on the other day for the first time in god knows how long, didn't recognise anyone at all. Shame as that forum used to be spot on :(

CLIO 182

Matched Inlets thanks to Martin v800mjh ;)
Before
d35118298dc896b35cf4c281d309783d_zpsd4437108.jpg

After
7bb104e31baaf6c6198628e8a464f787_zps62e38467.jpg

Swapped out a suspect injector dafuq man?? Just for peace of mind there cheap enough £35
63c386fb6403b22dc25406bbcb6b6f8f_zpsc49afa98.jpg

Give it a good clean, polish and a spanner check.
fd38b4ec65aa49dee1cb9ee8eaf211d3_zps7b779166.jpg

Stripped...waiting on my KTR fitted carpet.
34aa50f443d6d337a3dfb2adc7f6cb52_zpsf1d481b0.jpg

f1851eeac6b74083189a68621e5bfb07_zps60db415e.jpg

534308dc85bb5b48599d9b9fbed626d3_zpsdb32f3e5.jpg

And can anyone help me hunt down the previous owners of this car too btw???
it came with a CS tax disc holder so chances are the previous owner was on here? Noticed something a little strange on the head when I removed the inlets. A not so pretty attempt and porting?? No offence but looks like a blind man did it with his teeth?!!!!

1bc1027cc134ec45e04a8ddcf50b1b34_zpsefed4430.jpg

its probably lost ponies because of this? What does everyone else think?

Definitely a CNC attempt it's just not smooth! Or as smooth as you'd expect

252b6a197427bfc25b3a73e1ce904ff3_zps485d3244.jpg

CLIO 182

Oh and my temp oil breather and return block...
5e760ebe828fa71e170ce342bd412fc6_zps96e34986.jpg

an old crank breather I pulled of my bandit haha
IMG_1655_zps8b46eee5.jpg

CLIO 182

I'm pretty sure they come like that mate, I've read somewhere someone was saying exact same.

Hmmm how odd!!! Just assumed it would be some horrible casting jobby in that case ignore me lol! If its factory it's pretty decent just thought it was mental for someone to go to the effort of milling it out and the result been that bad haha

:S

Yeahh it does look that way, but i'm 99.9 % sure that's straight out the factory. I'm also a yorkshire lad btw too, from scarborough. Recently moved down to lincolnshire.

CLIO 182

Yeahh it does look that way, but i'm 99.9 % sure that's straight out the factory. I'm also a yorkshire lad btw too, from scarborough. Recently moved down to lincolnshire.

Nice one cheers for the confirmation chaps!! Was a little worried the engine had been fecked with!! I'm DN9 in Donny so I'm technically north Lincolnshire ;)

Lovely motor. Such an improvement to that bay now ;)

Get yourself a red induction kit and it'll set it off perfectly!!!

Didn't know you had a 'bandit', my dad had the same model 1200 and now has the newer model.

Last edited:
  CLIO 182

Lovely motor. Such an improvement to that bay now ;)

Get yourself a red induction kit and it'll set it off perfectly!!!

Didn't know you had a 'bandit', my dad had the same model 1200 and now has the newer model.

Was thinking red mate but they kinda look a little pinkish for my liking was tempted to just go for a black one? You have some good pics of yours in red?

and yeah man bandito for the win!!! Massive biker me mate! All round petrol head!

if you fancy a read I'm also in the process of something rather special to her ;)

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64858

CLIO 182

Car looks great, subscribed :)

Cheers Mate!!

Ordered a bunch of parts in the last week:

Custom Track Developments ARB http://www.trackdevelopments.co.uk/

PMS Top Mounts and Strut Brace http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/details.php?itemid=152&model=-1

PMS Racing Precision Gear Linkage Kit http://www.pure-motorsport.co.uk/clio_shop.php?cat=7&model=-1

KTR Ultra Performance 2.5" Bore Decat to Suit KTR performace exhaust.

KTR Race Engine Mount Kit, hate being able to bounce my engine in the bay haha

KTR IDK

Probs something else ive missed :p

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Go the whole hog and get a cage. Hang all your washing on it ;)

CLIO 182

Haha well the cage is tempting!! Don't think I'm gonna be quite going that extreme......yet famous last words!! Haha just think they look great lol! And the way I see it they must contribute to some stiffness surely? There tying the top of the shocks together? And because there or rubber mounts if they try and pull, the brace will help? I don't know be nice to actually do some proper calcs on it? A structural equivalency test lol? Be great to see the results in black and white ;)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Whiteline ARB is better way to spend your money

CLIO 182

Whiteline ARB is better way to spend your money

already bought a ARB got the Track Develomets one! Much better quality than the white IMO they don't rust as easy know a few people with a whiteline and they rust like mad regardless of maintenance. Plus the extra adjustability and the rose joints sold it for me ;)

RB Clio 182

Welcome mate, im only about 10-15 mins from donny up the a638 towards waky.