ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoke?? WTF!?!

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Just been out in the car for a drive, had a Mr big behind me so i gave it the beans (long story short) under heavy acceleration i noticed i had a substantial amount of 'smoke' coming out the back of my car. Any one had anything similar or can give me some idea of what it could be? (complete novice with engines)
Thanks.

Clio 182+ Cup pack
:/ right. That could be the problem then i had been driving around 10-15 minutes but if that's the case that's probably the problem :/ i hope i haven't shagged anything. It does use a bit of oil too. Is that common for engines like these? Its on 95K too

Renault Clio182 bean
I wouldn't panic mate, especially because its night and you have the headlights from the car behind you showing up every bit a steam/condensation that leaves your exhaust, have a look in the day and guarantee you wont see anything :). Plus due to the colder temps you will get a lot of condensation/steam from the exhaust until the engine is fully up to temp, even then you will get a bit as its hot meeting cold air.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah as above everything sounds normal mine steams the back window up all the time, black is fine better rich than lean if it really bothers you plugs are a better indication. :)

Clio 182+ Cup pack
Well its getting all new plugs in a few weeks ive just got all my service stuff off G172 so it'll be getting a new set :)