ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So, have i been nicked

Leon TDI

I was driving along the A14 today, in a convoy of 4 cars in the outside lane overtaking two lorries on the inside.
I was the 3rd car in the convoy of 4 when suddenly the car in front brakes.

There was a mobile speed camera van on the hard sholder. Car #1 braked, car #2 braked, and then i brake. The 4 car convoy didnt see the camera van until late as the lorries were shielding us. At that point i was going 75. My B2 did not trigger for a mobile alert either.

So does anyone know if im likely to have been caught?
Was my speed under the fineable limit for dual carriageway?
Would the other cars likely to have been caught and as we were close together missed me?

I guess ill find out for sure in two weeks, but has anyone been in a similar situation before?

The 4 car convoy didnt see the camera van until late as the lorries were shielding us, an

i drove past it in my 172 at 65ish, it didnt say safety camera van or safety partnership it said crime detection or something i think it was a anpr van to detect motorists without tax or insurance.

it was near before cambridge going west bound.

oh you should get away with up to 77 fingers crossed also allow for the fact that if your speedo said 75 you were prob only doing 70-72mph

[Edited by redmini on 22 September 2004 at 7:39pm]

very unlikely, it would have got the first car only if anything, may not have even have had the laser setup if your scanner didnt go off. in addition they cant get you for 75mph afaik its 77mph and above, but they only usually bother if its 83mph according to my cousin when I asked him (hes in motorway persuit)

BMW 320d Sport

No problem. Even if they were all set up and all four of you were doing 120mph, they couldnt do any of you, cos theyd not be able to prove in court that they had a proper reading what with four cars and two lorries all bunched up.

Leon TDI

Quote: Originally posted by redmini on 22 September 2004
i drove past it in my 172 at 65ish, it didnt say safety camera van or safety partnership it said crime detection or something i think it was a anpr van to detect motorists without tax or insurance.it was near before cambridge going west bound.oh you should get away with up to 77 fingers crossed also allow for the fact that if your speedo said 75 you were prob only doing 70-72mph

[Edited by redmini on 22 September 2004 at 7:39pm]

Was this today?
I didnt really get a good view of what wording on the van was.
Maybe this was what i saw this morning then?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

They normally park in a layby just before the first of the fixed truvelos before the "cambridge services", Ive only ever seen white camera vans in that layby and they are speed camera ones.

Wouldnt worry about it mate, highly unlikely you got done if your speedo was reading 75.

A14 usually crawls along, amused me the other night on the news when they said they were going to have a inquiry into it, and I think it was a copper that they spoke to, first words out of his mouth were "more cameras!". Like you can actually get upto 70 in rush hour, lucky if you do half that.