ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I bid £1 for this and won......

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Alfa Romeo 147
Your car looked quite good before it's accident too...

534945_10151501048300788_2050309629_n.jpg

on the bright side it has had the belts, water pump and head gasket done,haha.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1.2 16v clio
fantastic thread im going to keep an eye on this one it almost had my in tears from the last message you sent him

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... His other for breaking was ended for not complying. Better position for me?

Dear 3mercer (ollie.mercer@btinternet.com),

Thank you for your interest in this listing:

330937927845 - BREAKING SUBARU IMPREZA SALOON COMPLETE CAR NON DAMAGED

Unfortunately we removed this listing and the item is no longer available. We do our best to make sure listings that may not comply with our policies don't get listed, but with millions of items listed everyday occasionally one may appear on our site. We understand this is disappointing.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha, awesome.
Take it that he's not got back to you? Now you have his Facebook, you can find his address and just turn up lol

Sam's_182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 cup
To the people who said you only bought a service for him breaking his car, make him drive to yours and break the car into every single piece. Then he wouldn't advertise breaking on eBay again.

​This was an amazing thread btw

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
To the people who said you only bought a service for him breaking his car, make him drive to yours and break the car into every single piece. Then he wouldn't advertise breaking on eBay again.

​This was an amazing thread btw

A time-lapse video might actually be quite cool to watch, breaking it down into every individual bit! lol

Tell him you will consider letting him keep the car if he lets you keep his mrs for a night (upon approval of pics which he should send through asap).

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bidding on a car on ebay is 'showing an expressed interest in purchasing' - a contract is not made between the seller and buyer.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not so sure on that... eBay motors section states: 'When you place a bid, you are entering into a contract with your seller. Make sure that you want the item before you bid or buy.'

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm not so sure on that... eBay motors section states: 'When you place a bid, you are entering into a contract with your seller. Make sure that you want the item before you bid or buy.'

IIRC midge found out the hard way!

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I won my court case for non payment and the guy who didnt pay got a ccj, however when i was investigating i found a couple of stories stating that bidding on a car is showing interest in viewing.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as far as I can see, the bidding is only an interest in viewing only falls under that rule if you're bidding on a new car from a dealer.

• Select the vehicle you want and enter your contact information. Your contact information is secure and you're under no obligation to purchase the vehicle. You'll see an eBay Motors Price Certificate.

Thats only on the buyig a new vehicle rules and nothing similar on the used vehicle rules.

however used vehicle ebay rules state.

• Use extra caution if an item is listed significantly below the suggested retail price.

• Be realistic in your expectations of used or older vehicles—expect normal "wear and tear."

I would tend to agree though, ebay must hate people clearly dodging fees like this so I'd say that gives you the upper hand :p push it and push it until you get an outcome, will no doubt stop him doing it in future if nothing else lol.

Very funny thread and hope for some more replies between you and him.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I would tend to agree though, ebay must hate people clearly dodging fees like this so I'd say that gives you the upper hand :p push it and push it until you get an outcome, will no doubt stop him doing it in future if nothing else lol.

TBH no it wont, it will just remind him to put "this particular auction is for a wheel nut from the car, so if you bid on this auction that is what you will receive, but phone if you want me to list any other parts on ebay for you from the car" or similar.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Trophy #491
Well as far as I can see, the bidding is only an interest in viewing only falls under that rule if you're bidding on a new car from a dealer.
  • Select the vehicle you want and enter your contact information. Your contact information is secure and you're under no obligation to purchase the vehicle. You'll see an eBay Motors Price Certificate.
Thats only on the buyig a new vehicle rules and nothing similar on the used vehicle rules.

however used vehicle ebay rules state.
  • Use extra caution if an item is listed significantly below the suggested retail price.
  • Be realistic in your expectations of used or older vehicles—expect normal "wear and tear."

Very funny thread and hope for some more replies between you and him.

Im assuming this is a classified add, I cant find the listing now but im guessing it was a normal ebay add to avoid the fee's so the above rules do not apply?