ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I bought a 172 cup.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Wasn't really in the market for one but had contemplated selling the saab (my daily). This popped up on here so thought I'd take a punt. Been cleaning it in work pretty much all day on and off. Headlights are a pain, will be taking a buffer to it at some point. Spec wise pretty standard. Has a crap induction kit and race land coilovers on, which will be coming off asap. Plan wise, return to standard and do a few bits to it. For what I paid and hopefully my man math calculation it won't owe me a huge amount. Benefit of working in the car trade 100%. A few pics today, nothing overly exciting really. Overall I'm happy enough and it seems to lick along nicely. I have put accross the idea of my dad using it on the next trackday which he seems happy to do.

Before I started cleaning it, tbh it wasn't that bad but I like to put my mark on it. Cleansed, polished and waxed. Oh and new plates.

BB68EA59-C546-470E-BE95-03E8C9858566_zpsc7sw7fwp.gif

5FFE733D-48A4-4A6D-91C8-E4ACE9658C17_zpsuyo4ydmt.gif

1DF83623-D368-4BF3-8937-DC7DD68E1FDD_zpsjvxmq63t.gif

F68A7491-29DE-4749-861B-69B18761BB24_zpsdx4nalbi.gif

1B4E8B9E-43DB-48EA-8E03-A0B0E7BB9DEA_zps7eudpavy.gif

E22F939E-B34B-4E8D-8692-854671E5EDB2_zpsoruojfek.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh. Condition wise as is, 7/10. By the time I've finished, a 9, obvs. Needs a few bits like I said, but on face value I'm happy. If I didn't work in the trade, probably not so much, lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I won't be keeping it 'mint', well I will but won't be going ocd, I have the Monaco for that lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above looks good at that height but will drive a million times better on factory dampers, mine has eibach prolines and sits about standard with good ride quality while still having reduced roll when you throw it in!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah hopefully got standard dampers and I want to try apex springs. I know the latter are regarded as not great but I know of someone who used and rates them. Plus there cheap.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
looks awesome m8 well chuffed for ya,oh on my cup i repainted the gear knob and got a new insert it transformed the inside oh i got a new gear gaitor from renault if u need 1 holla

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I had a feeling there would have been a couple interested. Fair play to the seller in keeping it for me. In my defence if I say I'm buying something I stay true. Coilovers are race land jobbies which if fit for purpose will be winging there way to @Daniel

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I sold my 307 daily the day the 172 ad went up so I could come get it! Last message the seller sent me was 'I'll let you know what coilovers they are when I get home' pretty gutted but then I'm glad it's gone to some one on here! Sure another will come along..

Cup 172
sorry @Dano' s**ty thing to do and not reply but in my defence I lost my phone and found it only this morning, not to mention the baby has been playing up ROYALLY this weekend so apologies :(

applying for the LB tomorrow for you Dan, looks better already with a good clean, hope theres not too much holding you back getting it on the track!

RB Clio 182
Wasn't really in the market for one but had contemplated selling the saab (my daily). This popped up on here so thought I'd take a punt. Been cleaning it in work pretty much all day on and off. Headlights are a pain, will be taking a buffer to it at some point. Spec wise pretty standard. Has a crap induction kit and race land coilovers on, which will be coming off asap. Plan wise, return to standard and do a few bits to it. For what I paid and hopefully my man math calculation it won't owe me a huge amount. Benefit of working in the car trade 100%. A few pics today, nothing overly exciting really. Overall I'm happy enough and it seems to lick along nicely. I have put accross the idea of my dad using it on the next trackday which he seems happy to do.

Before I started cleaning it, tbh it wasn't that bad but I like to put my mark on it. Cleansed, polished and waxed. Oh and new plates.

BB68EA59-C546-470E-BE95-03E8C9858566_zpsc7sw7fwp.gif

5FFE733D-48A4-4A6D-91C8-E4ACE9658C17_zpsuyo4ydmt.gif

1DF83623-D368-4BF3-8937-DC7DD68E1FDD_zpsjvxmq63t.gif

F68A7491-29DE-4749-861B-69B18761BB24_zpsdx4nalbi.gif

1B4E8B9E-43DB-48EA-8E03-A0B0E7BB9DEA_zps7eudpavy.gif

E22F939E-B34B-4E8D-8692-854671E5EDB2_zpsoruojfek.gif

That looks lovely mate :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
sorry @Dano' s**ty thing to do and not reply but in my defence I lost my phone and found it only this morning, not to mention the baby has been playing up ROYALLY this weekend so apologies 😧

applying for the LB tomorrow for you Dan, looks better already with a good clean, hope theres not too much holding you back getting it on the track!

Cheers mate. There's a few bits but it's fine :)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
sorry @Dano' s**ty thing to do and not reply but in my defence I lost my phone and found it only this morning, not to mention the baby has been playing up ROYALLY this weekend so apologies 😧

It's no bother dude, I'm not slating you about it, just gutted as it was ideal what I wanted and sold my other car to fund it!

As said glad its gone to a good home, just disappointed its not mine! :/ got an mg to play with now instead lol