ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So.....I sold the Exclusive

Clio 172 Exclusive
Sold my Exclusive No.132 about 2 weeks ago now never really connected with it and couldn't seem to enjoy it, to be honest I thought it would have been similar to my previous Fiesta ST that I loved but no joy. So I sold it on the Saturday and went and bought this on the Sunday.

20140531_162842_zpsophkrtsn.gif

It's a 1.8 sport Import which means 6 speed and Torsen LSD. Not in the worst shape it's had both rear arches fixed so no rust and actually enjoying it so think I may keep it for a bit (said while Gumtree tab is open and the main search is turbo :/).

Listerine & Poledo
Good work.
Is it definitely a Sport though? Looks a bit too standard, normally thaey'd have come with front fogs, side skirts and rear wing?
That said, if it's got a 6-speed, its either an RS (import) or a Sport (UK).

Guessing this is to become another JDM-*****, dream-ricer, drift y0! machine?

Clio 172 Exclusive
Must be the RS then looks like Bilstein's on it and it has the Nardi steering wheel and gear knob.

Not sure think maybe just make it my own some JDM but nothing over the top (stanced beyond usable or 3 foot tall rear wing). Although I have done a couple of things already. Took the haze off the headlights fitted yellow bulbs, went a bit mad with some hand cut yellow squares and fitted washer jets off a Citroen.

20140531_162853_zpsojwiunaf.gif

20140531_203346_zpss2ngwxwk.gif

20140602_203521_zpsy3qp082l.gif

I used to race MK1's in Scotland and built the Yellow car out of the Purple one. (some say pink)

20130117_094938.gif

mx5_zps0468f0d4.gif

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm pretty sure all imports have a square number plate at the back, although I know the JDM(yo) guys love buying them so it wouldn't be unheard of for it to be swapped with a UK panel.

Pretty sure the 1.8 RS Ltd had a 160hp engine that revs to 7500rpm. Do the dials on the dashboard start at 6 oclock or more like 8 ?

Clio 172 Exclusive
They start at 6 only to lady owners from new supposedly it was an early import and I don't think you get a square plinth for a MK2 as they are part of the bumper unlike the mk1 which came with different plinths. Also the first owner put a private reg on it when it was bought.

Square plates are on the shopping list ;)

and the 160 BHP was the MK2.5 RS's with VVT set for better power over emissions, this is a 145bhp

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ah gotcha. I always wanted to have a go in one of those 160hp Mk2.5s. People made them sound like a riot and tbh, the 130hp in my old Mk1 wasn't far off 182 pace up to 90 ish.

Are you sure about Mk2 imports having the same rear plate panel as UK models?

The 6 oclock dials only came on imports. I spent quite a long time trying to source a set only to find the loom is different on a Mk1 and 2. Annoying when even things like the heater matrix is identical and bar the door cards, the dash is near enough a straight swap.

Clio 172 Exclusive
Ah gotcha. I always wanted to have a go in one of those 160hp Mk2.5s. People made them sound like a riot and tbh, the 130hp in my old Mk1 wasn't far off 182 pace up to 90 ish.

Are you sure about Mk2 imports having the same rear plate panel as UK models?

The 6 oclock dials only came on imports. I spent quite a long time trying to source a set only to find the loom is different on a Mk1 and 2. Annoying when even things like the heater matrix is identical and bar the door cards, the dash is near enough a straight swap.

Found out that it is defiantly RS import says RS on the Spec sticker in the door shut and the Doc says import at the bottom :) . Sent away for the rear square plate so hopefully will be here by the weekend.

Survived a trip to Scotland at the weekend apart from the alternator starting to pack in at Lancaster managed to do 170 miles to my parents where a scrapyard replacement was fitted the next morning along with a service.