ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sold my 182 for another 182

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hi all, just thought i would let you know that i have sold my 182 for another 182 rather pleased really! Black Gold 04 full fat 15200 miles - 05 silver full fat with 5200 miles, got a good deal!

Just wanted a bit newer one, with lower miles

Cheers

MKIII 138
nice one, its the best thing really, there will be some killer deals now the new RS is coming out any colour and recaro`s will be the order of the day.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
I was thinking that - black golds nice, but fancied a change, shows scratches up as well on a black car

cock mobile.
I don't get it!?

How much did the change cost ya?

I'm more a fan of better the devil you know, defo when it comes to Renault! :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
£2500 which i think is worth it! also included in that price they are taking my old tyres off my old clio (which are new) and putting them on my 05 plate clio

for that im getting a car thats a year newer (11 months) change of colour and 10,000 miles less.

Im pleased!

Sorry but I think thats mad. I know its 11 months newer with less miles but £2500 extra, thats a fair amount of money
But as long as your happy with the deal thats the main thing :)

make sure they actually take the tyres off and change them...

not that dealers would lie about doing something like that..ahem

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
I know everybodys not going to agree with me, but i love the car! and wanted a newer one! and i think im gaining a fair bit!

Turbos.
Can't blame you for doing it and if you can afford it, why not!

I hate the idea of having a car with big miles.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ditto, as i dont go that far, orginally when i bought my clio 182 (exdemo) black one they wouldnt let me have it till 6200 miles (3 months old) this has done 5200 miles not a ex demo a little older but in better condition and cost £1500 less

Lee

BMW M2C
Nice one. I swapped from a 172 to a 182 after 15 months, then from the 182 to the Trophy after 12. It cost me very little each time.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Was going to get a Trophy, could have got a 05 plate with 9000 miles (for same price) but it wasnt in great conditon, and i would miss my creature comforts, and my 182 full fat has 4000 miles less (thats a lot when you dont do many a year)

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd covered 22500 in the 172 and 18500 in the 182 so mine were on route to high mileage.

320d
Sounds like complete madness to me, 15,000 miles isn't exactly high mileage for a 2 year old car considering the average is supposed to 12,000 a year now

£2500 change over is a huge percentage of the value of the car that will be no more than £10k max!

You've suffered all the loss through depreciation on the black one to do it all again on the silver one

You've now got to pay for a 12,000 miles service again

In my eyes you've paid £2500 to change from black to silver, thats one expensive respray!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
£12000 mile or 2 years, it wont need a serice for 7000 miles which is around 2 years motoring for me, so it will need a service in a years time as it will be 2 years old then (last one cost around 90.00 supplying them with oil

Lee said:
Nice one. I swapped from a 172 to a 182 after 15 months, then from the 182 to the Trophy after 12. It cost me very little each time.

Hi Lee,

Is it worth changing from a 172 MK2 to a 182? As i am thinking about this. Have had my 172 for 11 months. Any noticible difference between the 2?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Black/Gold 182
I'd be interested in maybe swapping by 05 182FF with cup suspension for a trophy, but only if it wouldn't cost much which I doubt

Lee

BMW M2C
k3nnis said:
Hi Lee,

Is it worth changing from a 172 MK2 to a 182? As i am thinking about this. Have had my 172 for 11 months. Any noticible difference between the 2?

Cheers,
Kenn.

I thought so. Before anyone starts going on about coilovers etc etc, the standard 182 with Cup packs does handle better than a standard 172. Other than that the differences are very minimal.

My Clios have all been on Friends and Family so I've never paid full price for the car in the first place, so that's always been a massive plus when swapping so often! I am going to keep the Trophy though.

Lee said:
I thought so. Before anyone starts going on about coilovers etc etc, the standard 182 with Cup packs does handle better than a standard 172. Other than that the differences are very minimal.

My Clios have all been on Friends and Family so I've never paid full price for the car in the first place, so that's always been a massive plus when swapping so often! I am going to keep the Trophy though.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info. I guess not much diff between 172 mk2 and 182 cup. If i changed to say sportslines springs will the handling be similar to the 182 cup?
I am thinking to get the eibachs.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Lee

BMW M2C
k3nnis said:
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info. I guess not much diff between 172 mk2 and 182 cup. If i changed to say sportslines springs will the handling be similar to the 182 cup?
I am thinking to get the eibachs.

Cheers,
Kenn.

I reckon that would make it pretty much the same to be honest. The only other difference then is the tyres on the 182 are a little wider, which helps with traction off the line and with cornering speeds. You can fit 205/45/16s on 172 wheels.

133/225/CLS AMG
If you're happy with the swap mate then why not, if you prefer the idea of a newer car with lower miles.
I would have thought it would have made sense to make more of a change from a 182 to a V6 or Megane 225 but if you wanted to stick with your 182 then why not! :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
paul said:
£12000 mile or 2 years, it wont need a serice for 7000 miles which is around 2 years motoring for me, so it will need a service in a years time as it will be 2 years old then (last one cost around 90.00 supplying them with oil

7k in two years and you're worried about milage?? :)