ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some issues i need advice on

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
hey

I attempted to do some small jobs on the car today and failed.

1. Renew Gearbox Oil - Failed as i don't have a square tool to undo the plug... Wtf is with that? Also couldn't understand how it can take 3.1L when the filling point is only a inch higher than the drain.
Not to mention the fact there is NO way the poxy small tubes that comes with some oil's will get down to there.
Can anyone clear up the process? is that Plastic WingNut the filling point 100% and how do you guys get the oil in?

2. Change Precat Lambda Sensor - Now WTF was renault thinking. there is ZERO way to get any of my spanners in there to undo the sensor... No movement room AT ALL.
I'm being forced to buy some odd spanner attachments for my socket set, does anyone know a trick to this?

That is all :dapprove:

It's a standard 8mm square sump plug socket. Been used for about 20 years by Renault amongst other manufacturers.

3.1 is correct.

A ring spanner fits the lambda sensor fine. You only need to crack them off before you can I do them by hand.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
It's a standard 8mm square sump plug socket. Been used for about 20 years by Renault amongst other manufacturers.

3.1 is correct.

A ring spanner fits the lambda sensor fine. You only need to crack them off before you can I do them by hand.

Will halfords sell the 8mm square socket?

Also any idea on how to fill it? Would it be best to get a funnel and an 8mm tube from my local B&Q?

I will pop down to halfords and see if they have any 22MM Ring Spanners - Good shout there!

The filling hole is on the front of the box under the rad hose if looking down from the top.

Its a wing nut. And as Dan said a bit of hose will do.

As above, hose pipe & a funnel makes gearbox oil a piece of cake.

Halfords will sell you an 8mm drain plug key from Laser for £8 or so (half that on ebay/amazon if you want to wait.)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Thanks peeps for the help with this.

An update:
Drained the gearbox and only 2L was in there!!!
Stuck 3.1L in with some molygrip stuff in too.

The lambda sensor was a b**ch to do!
But it's in! And next week will tell me if it's done the job.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Imo

you have just wrecked 3.1 litres of oil adding that molygrip stuff as it does naff all.

Is it not better to put it in than not too? The reviews on it are good as far as i can tell.

Oh and its the MolySlip stuff.